Brushguard

amb4081

I just bought an 01 LE 4x4 Pathfinder to replace my old 90 XE 4x4. So far, I love it.

I want to put a brushguard on the front. I know quality will vary depending on price range. There are some for under $200 on ebay that are strictly for astetics and have no function. Then there are those such as Waag which are high dollar, but they back up the $$$ with ruggedness. Is there a brushguard out there that isn't going to break the bank, but at the same time will not literally break if it comes in contact with something?

I'm not going to be doing anything offroad but may encounter a deer or two during normal driving. I want something take can hand out punishment without being punished itself. How do Waag, Manik, Hunter all compare? I saw a Hunter on ebay for under $300 shipping incl. I am leary of that though since the headlight guards are left to be bolted on by customer. I'd think a fully welded 1 piece brushguard would stand up much better than something that needs to be assembled. Thanks in advance.

Aaron

I have heard a lot of negatives about “brush” guards, especially the cheaper ones. As they bolt down and under the bumper, they tend to pivot back very easily, causing more damage than might have occurred without it.

What you might really need is a proper bumper/guard combination if you are concerned about hitting deer at speed. Whatever you buy, make sure it is very sturdy and well built. Take a look at what the use in Australia, the Roo Bars.

They do make a good place to mount things like winches and lights.