R-50 Rock Rails...

Pezzy

Pezzy - I replied on the AC forum, but that was before I saw this link. The Rocky Road sliders are nice and clean - they tuck in really close to the body. But, that can also work against you. I like the extra few inches of "breathing room" the Sliderz provides. In an extreme situation, maybe the width could be a problem, but I don't use my pathy quite that extreme. The width is exactly the same as my tires, so overall it works well. Plus, I like being able to stand on them to get stuff on the roof.

I wasn't aware this style existed, I bought my Emu suspension from Rocky Road years ago and it looks like they are starting to get into more R50 aftermarket - which is great news!

m.

http://www.rocky-road.com/pathfinderrockrail.html

Wow...those are nice! Great price, too!

If your tires don't stick out like mine do, these would be perfect. I like having the extra width, because, I can use the hi-lift without having to have a door open, and they also protect my side panels from trees. :aok:

426134-smallIMGP0984.jpg

Using the pinch seam for added strength is a good idea. :cool2:

But, I can't tell how many "ladder bars" attach the outer rails to the inner. It looks like only two. I wonder if that's enough strength. :confused: Why use only 1.5" tubing in some places instead of 2" all around?

Also, why are the "ladder bars" lower than the inner rail that's bolted to the pinch seam? It looks like they would get you hung up on rocks, rather than allow you to slide over them. On more than one occasion (such as this one), I've had to use my rock sliderz, the lower control arm mount, and even the lower control arm to get over some obstacles. :eek: It wouldn't be much fun if I got stuck on the sliders' mounting brackets...

But for $279 with a lifetime guarantee, I guess it doesn't matter if you bend 'em 'cause you can get free replacements!

Edited by XPLORx4

The top pick on the web site is not from a pathy, I don't know why that is there but I will talk to Glenn about it. Here is a better pic of how they attach to the body and the frame. I think that they look great and are super sturdy. I don't know if Glenn would do it but if you ask about making them stick out more he might be able to change up the length a bit. As these are the first that they have made they might be able to tweek them to your needs.

post-7-1130299291.jpg

Edited by Entropy98

Hey Pezzy calm down I Will be making you a set starting pretty soon I will be incorporating a step on my sliders as well so you will not fall off when you use them.

Just thought I would let you know before you spend your $$$ I haven't forgot about our deal.

:beer:

I'll be starting on Sliders before Dec.1 I just thought I would post that I am not making a per order but will be making them as another Item that I will be selling.

First I'll do the R50's the the 05Xterra and maybe the Wd21 Pathy as well. Later I'll get into the pre-05 X's

:beer:

Runnerman -

Thanks for all the support for our R50's, I appreciate it more than you can imagine, and im sure everyone else here does too. I have yet to purchase one of your products, but the skids will hopefully be purchased soon. I'll keep an eye out on the sliders!