Want a TJM Bullbar?

vengeful

I have one, and fully believe they should make another run... incase vengeful steals mine... or even if say god forbid something happened to mine... it cant be replaced... if I voted, do you figure it would be lame?

Well..seeing as you already have one, you're not likely to purchase one in the near future, unless something happens. So yes, it would be lame. Just like it was lame of you to steal my bumper.

But hey, if you hadn't I guess we wouldn't be petitioning now, right?

Well, I was going to buy you one for christmas, and so you'll finally forgive me for stealing yours, but since you're gonna be that way - I've changed my mind.

If we get a bunch of signatures, I think they'll at least consider it.

And having them consider it is a lot better than what's happening now.

If they don't answer to the petition, I say we have everyone who signed it call them like 3x a day and harrass them until they give in! LOL.

Edited by vengeful

I called them and talked with their "Product Development" department. Probably just some random guy, and he said that at this point they have no immediate plans to produce more R50 bumpers, but, he also said that if we can get enough people on a list that they probably would, though he also said that he can't guarantee anything.

And I told him that I was going to start up a petition and post it on the internet so everyone who wants one will be in one place.

He didn't give me a number, but I'll bet if we get about 30-40 signatures, they'll make another run with enough begging. Haha.

Vengeful - another approach would be to find about 6 people who would pay for a bumper designed by a small fabricator. Dean Thayer dabbled with this idea a while ago with limited success - he was looking for a rear bumper. The right fab shop may be interested in developing a front and rear bumper for R50s. We all want a beefy rear bumper that will allow a swing-away spare and maybe a jerry can/hi-lift mount.

Honestly, the TJM is an OK choice, but I have some criticisms of mine. Two issues: the way the side panel closest to the front tire is designed makes it vulnerable for the tire to grab it under flex, and then rip it off, and/or destroy the tire too. This isn't a concern with 31s, but will be as we find ways to run 33s or larger in the future. Another complaint is no tow points - I prefer the way ARB adds shackle points to their bumper.

My 2 cents anyway....

m.

Well...currently we have 13+ wanting TJMs...I'm sure that if we had a design for a bumper, we could get a fab shop to fabricate it. That is, of course, if the TJM approach doesn't work.

In response to your criticisms, there will be minor issues with almost any product. Notching can be perfect, otherwise price would be outrageous. But, I do agree about the tow points, but a small triangle off 1/4" can be easily milled and welded to the bumper. As for the wings, that is a problem with all TJM bumpers, not just the Pathy specific ones. They can be trimmmed back, and/or reinforced to prevent problems. But again, that's more time and money invested into the bumper.

Another complaint is no tow points - I prefer the way ARB adds shackle points to their bumper.

I'll second (third) that... I was suprised it didnt, as there is tow points on the TJM for the Xterra... Although they say for that (and the ARB, too) you're not "supposed" to tow/recover from them. But I guess thats how they cover their a$$ incase someone has problems, smit happens, and tries to sue.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CRAZ4SNO
I'll second (third) that... I was suprised it didnt, as there is tow points on the TJM for the Xterra... Although they say for that (and the ARB, too) you're not "supposed" to tow/recover from them. But I guess thats how they cover their a$$ incase someone has problems, smit happens, and tries to sue.

actually, the tow points on the TJM for the X are fine. I believe it is because they are right by where the bracket meets the frame.

I do agree though, tow points for the Pathy would be nice!!

:huh: I carn't beleave theres no one over there in the states that dosent make bullbars big time over here the things are on the production before a new model is released :huh::huh::huh::hide: Edited by parthy