attn amb4081

Pezzy

For some reason - I cant respond to your poll.. and seeing as Itook the time to write you a mini novella, I wanted to post it (DAMMIT!!) :)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Well, you didnt include my faves... Green, which I have, and blue, which I am a big fan of.

But - given the above choices... I dont know what I would pick.

Burgandy - I'd say no to, only becuase you already have a burgandy car - but hey - if you like it why not! Kind of a medium dark colour, so some maintence required if youre fussy about the spots on your truck.

White - Personally, I've never liked white cars/trucks. (although - I really like the look of 88's truck.. so what do I know!) But they are said to hide road filth well (and "pin striping" from offroading too I assume?)

Black - I like, but they're a PITA to keep clean, and if you offroad it will show the pin striping big time. If youre a fan of waxing & buffing your truck - all the power to ya! (or if you just dont really car if it looks clean) Black cars look better in the shade :)

Silver - I also like, and not long ago would have concidered, but every 3rd car out there these days is silver. Pros - see white.

Tan - ??? Dunno... dont see all that many tan ones around here... I would assume they hide regular road grime ok...

Pretty much, I when I was pathy shopping it was about finding the right truck, colour was somewhat secondary. When I found a great truck, in good condition, low milage, great price I was sold - the colour was a bonus.

Aye on the cant reply.

Pezzy hit the nail on the Head.

1st Pathy was Black, PITA to keep clean but hey I bought it to Go FlyFishing.

Lots of other autos, Had a 84 RX7 that was Silver, easy to clean up for a night out chasing.......

2nd Pathy Black, and it was really sweet till I got the redneck pinstiping. I am still wax on and wax off, should buy a buffer :idea:

3rd Pathy Grey, but it was purchased after the daughter took it for a spin with out asking and oops with the white pickup.

My rig is white and I hate it. Rust is way to visible on it.

I've always liked Mr. Jims rigs color. I guess it would be considered Tan. It's the one on the banner at the top of the forum.

Denis

I tried to add a reply too, oh well.

My Pathy is black, looks great as long as it is clean but shows every scratch, every bit of dirt, every crystal of road salt. As I bought used, not much “choice” in colour was available.

White sucks in the snow from a safety perspective. Lots of white vehicles get run into during snow storms. Dark colours are bad in poor weather and at night time. I have put reflective stripes on mine, tastefully done I think.

Tan is the colour to get around here for easy maintenance as far as washing goes. Really hides the dirt we get here and if you can get a tan interior as well it hides the dust inside. Not my choice of colour though, like Pezzy, my first choice is green.

Sorry about that. I must have accidentally selected "no replies allowed". Sorry. I appreciate the options. The reason some of those colors are not listed on the poll is because I was not looking for those particular choices. I listed what my wife and I are searching for and wanted to get feedback of those specifically. Thanks for all of the feedback so far.

Hi-

I wanted one of the Burgandy R50's, but when I bouht mine- all could find was Black, Silver, and Green- all SE'e with the Charcoal trim. I grabbed the Green SE Limited and have loved it since.

I always see Black and Silver everywhere, and I never liked Silver anyway- ever since my father had a mid 70's GM Regal in Silver(it flaked off). Turned me right off, and yes I know paint is better now.

As much as I like my Green, I also liked the Bayshore Blue in 2001 and 2002, but the 2003 Blue is too bright. I also like the Pewter and the Copper from 2003 as well.

Chris