BFG A/T KO vs. Dueler A/T Revo

97SE

Need new tires, currently have the BFG A/Ts and love them...45K miles and still going BUT in hearing all the hype about the Revo, I am open to a switch. The Revo is being offered at an incredible deal right now...buy 3 get 1 free + $75 rebate, so around $475 installed. The BFGs are running about $515 installed. What are your thoughts? And, do the Revos look as good as the BFGs intalled on a Pathy?

TIA

~Stephen

Edited by 97SE

I never liked my BFG AT's so I'd try anything else. I found the BFG wore out way to quick. But granted they weren't on a Pathy and were run on the very harsh Australian roads that are very rough on tires.

Edit: I should mention that they really really really suck in the mud. But were ok on the beach. And I only got 22,000 miles out of them before they were fawked. But I was hard on them. They suck on rocks too.

Edited by SteveWA

Looks wise, they're pretty clean looking, I find the BFG AT K/O's look like a more aggressive tire.... but looks are not everything.

My hubby has a set of the BFG's on his Xterra, and had no issues with them, but has however upgraded to Procomp Xterrains for hitting the trails.

I have the Revos, and love them. Been wheeling with them since April, and have had no issues. I've wheeled with guys that have mudders on, and had no more difficulties than they have, and in fact in some places was able to get out easier, as the AT's don't dig holes like MT's can. I've been able to keep up, and even show up that Xterra on Xterrains... :)

I was considering a set of MT's for next year and keeping my revos for onroad & winter, but after the last weekend of wheeling have decided until it becomes a case that I cant keep up with 'the big boys' the Revos are staying...

I'd recommend the Revos, however I cannot give you a good comparison of the two, as I, personally, haven't wheeled with the BFG's. :)

Edited by Pezzy

I was considering a set of MT's for next year and keeping my revos for onroad & winter, but after the last weekend of wheeling have decided until it becomes a case that I cant keep up with 'the big boys' the Revos are staying...

You know one day you'll break down and start wheeling with the MM crew. :D Better start saving for those MTs sssh

well, I went with the BFGs again. Turns out, the REVO deal was good but not as good as I originally thought. Firestone slipped in the "madatory" road hazard package for +$80. So true savings were cut from ~$240 to ~$160. And the BFGs were on a great special everywhere so I'm happy.

You know one day you'll break down and start wheeling with the MM crew. :D Better start saving for those MTs sssh

pfft... I need to start saving for spare alternators with you guys...

Well if I do ever decide to get MT's, I know what I'll be gettin! But right now my Revos have kicked butt!

My BFG MT's are Bald.... Balder then Patrick Stewart. And they still preform Decent. Mind you I Finally Got stuck about a week ago so they let me down. pssd No it wasn't my fault because when Im driving all the booms, smacks and screechs you hear are simply just the pathy and parts fault for being weak and pathetic :angry: . Now that the tires have let me down I dont think I can look at them the same anymore. It's like when I see a puddle now I hesitate, Get out of the vehicle and look at the MT's. I say to them, "Your OLD, and you let me down. Your WORTHLESS and you know it don't you. I bet that Puddle there is scaring the hell out of you isn't it! ISN'T IT! I can't count on you anymore" Then I shake my head in disgrace and turn my rig around and go home crying the whole way. :( Personally, I'm saving my bus fair for the All Dominating, Mud Hole Slaughtering, Rock Crawling Menace, The Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radials!!!Mwuhahaha! FEAR ME MUD HOLE!!! FEAR ME!!! :furious:

Dowser

All Dominating, Mud Hole Slaughtering, Rock Crawling Menace, The Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radials!!!Mwuhahaha! FEAR ME MUD HOLE!!!   FEAR ME!!! 

In all honesty I haven't been exactly impressed by them. They're an OK mud tire, but it's not something that is exceptional. I've seen much better.

Well, considered that they are called Baja Claw, that would imply that they are for sand and rock. I've driven the length of Baja twice and I got news for you, there isn't much mud !!! Lets face it, no one tire is good at everything... :shrug:

B

Yeah there is, it's called an All-Terrain. An All-Terrain balances all types of offroad terrain as well as the road. An All-Terrain is good at everything, but good is as far as it goes. What I think you're aiming at is that no tire is exceptional at everything.

Yes, you are correct...

No tire is exceptional in all weather/road (or lack of) conditions including (but not limited to) terrain, debris, detritus, mud, rain, ice, sleet, snow, slush, tile grout, paint, anti-freeze, semi retreads, sticks, stones (gravel, rocks, boulders, etc are generalized under the moniker 'stones'), pine cones (and needles), any other damn cones (including man made), needles in general, fig leaves, leaves not of fig trees, sheetrock, mattresses, 2x4's, shoes, nails, dogs (dead or alive), squirrel entrails or possum tails, (insert your favorite marsupial here), etc.

Nor will you find a tire that is exceptional, extraordinary, first-class, first-rate, grind, high, job, marvelous, outstanding, phenomenal, premium, primo, prodigious, remarkable, singular, skull, special, splash, superior, wizard, wonderful, world class, avant-garde, breakthrough, cutting edge, excellent, extreme, far out, first, foremost, forward, higher, leading, radical, finer, fitter, greater, higher quality, more appropriate, more desirable, more fitting, more select, more suitable, more useful, more valuable, preferable, preferred, prominent, sharpened, souped up, superior, surpassing, worthier or 'the bomb' at everything. Does that about cover it ??? :blink:

That said, I have heard a lot of complaints that the BFG ATs pack with mud easy and don't clear well. Thats also what I have on my Pathy and will have to decide in 15-20k miles what to run next. Maybe the same... :shrug:

B

ive got some Deulers that i paid 180 for total from a friend of a friend. there was nothing wrong with them and they looked brand new. i havent had a chance to wheel them hard, but they are pretty nice, and handle really well on the road dry or wet. the only prob was that i had to switch down to 15s from 17 rims.