!Phew!

nige

Nature decided to flex her muscles on us. Big gusts from that storm that rolled through s. ontario yesterday. Reports of tornados spawned off it too. We had a fierce downdraft at the lake the cottage is on which quickly peeled all the large trees off the property and into the bush behind the building. The boat dock is 5 feet up in the air stretched across the deck and another large tree. Cottage only sustained minor damage, but the neighbours 3 doors down lost 1/2 their building. Other folks on the other side of the lake lost the entire thing. Good news is the boat's OK (I had no insurance :wacko: ) mind you there was a decent sized pine tree lying next to it. I'll have some pics up from last night soon. I was pretty humbled my the display of energy that storm threw down. Pez. how did you fare? I heard you guys got quite a rinse. Those of you that don't know, I took the pic of the boat in my signature there.

Good to hear that damage was minimal for and around you. :aok:

Things like that can cause so much damage, as the people near found out.

yeah when nature flex's we realize how little we really are. :blink:

EDIT: FLApathy, then why bother posting!

Edited by RedPath88

oh yeah that to, glad to hear it worked out your favor, nothing of your was messed up

edit: maybe cuzz i had the same thin happen to me, but the shortest one was a little over 14 hours, i kinda figured that my name would sum it up, and he pretty much sumed up what happened here so there was no point in retypeing what he had all ready typed, and how does it bother you

Edited by FLApathy

Glad to hear no REAL damage was done ! Yes, when nature does her thing, we are all just ants to be swept away... Here in Cali, a good earthquake makes that quite apparent !!

I think FLAp's comment was that it is nothing compaired to a hurricane, but it is if it is not normal to the area. Hurricanes are what you get if you decide to live in Florida, with increased frequency, I bet...

B

yes p1, but no hurricanes are not common to this area, yes but no, most of the time they all turn at the last second, however it was not my choice to live in florida as i was 2 months when we moved down here, but we hear that the next tens years will yeild results of the 04 year, the 04 year was the first time i have ever been in a hurricane or one that has hit fla since ive lived here, that i can remember , i was young

Edited by FLApathy

oh yeah that to, glad to hear it worked out your favor, nothing of your was messed up

edit: maybe cuzz i had the same thin happen to me, but the shortest one was a little over 14  hours, i kinda figured that my name would sum it up, and he pretty much sumed up what happened here so there was no point in retypeing what he had all ready typed, and how does it bother you

Because it really did not say much, ! was just asking (note the new edit on my original post).

Oh and your name? FLA"key"Pathy?? Sorry, don't get it :shrug::D :D

did you learn, nevermind, FLA-Florida, yes FLORIDA, thats the state at the bottom edge of america, you know the south east, and yes pathy why not, i wouldnt be here if i drove a chevy or even a fronty, and in case you were wondering "FLORIDA" has been hit 5 canes in the last year, well more than that cuzz a few made landfall twice on "FLORIDA"

a few facts about "FLORIDA"

-hot

-lightning strike capital of the u.s., 2nd in the world

-extreme beach damage thanks to the canes

-still have blue roofs every were you go, thanks jeb bush, he got 15 mill to help that out and only spent 3 mill

-its hot, (yeah i know but thanks)

Edited by FLApathy

$#&% you dude

ha i cant say $#&%

You know, sometimes is not "what" you say, but "how" you say it.

As such, I have always believed that sometimes is simply best to NOT post... but that's just me :shrug:

no commet

I'm sorry, I misread and inserted a letter subconsiously... I think he means they have no clean sinks or bathrooms in florida... :o

B

and that wasnt, im sorry but you can call me what you like, make fun of me all you like, but dont talk about the place i grew up at

btw red im not talking about you

the reason i said that was because you guys didnt have to worry about a tree coming through your house, you guys have no idea what the damage was, and yes there was no power and water lets all laugh cuzz thats funny haha, i bet you didnt know there was an outbreak of some sort of illness down south cuzz of that, but screw them cuzz it didnt hurt you guys in anyway, skrill, you are excluded from all of this cuzz you lived the same expirence

oh and tornados, we had like 27 or something

I'm sorry, I misread and inserted a letter subconsiously... I think he means they have no clean sinks or bathrooms in florida... 

B

pretty close to home, i knew cops and fireman who went down there ,and up there, to clear each house room by room to check for dead bodies

there was this guy who didnt board up his slideing glass doors and he was next to it when it blew out, cut his neck and he bled to death while his wife tried to call 911, no power

if you saw some of the real pics, you would feel the same

and mobile homes, what mobile homes

Edited by FLApathy

no commet

I'm sorry, I misread and inserted a letter subconsiously... I think he means they have no clean sinks or bathrooms in florida... 

I believe I was commenting on your post, not discounting the damage a hurricane can do, or what emergency personel do or see, or what happens when you stand near a glass pane...

$#&% you dude (p1)

I recommend you view your PM.

B

I recommend you view your PM.

same to you

that was most certaintly a personal attack in my book, mr. superman as per your pm

in florida we have "RESPECT" for each other*, we helped each other out, plainly i have none for you

*until proved otherwise

I believe I was commenting on your post, not discounting the damage a hurricane can do, or what emergency personel do or see, or what happens when you stand near a glass pane...

everything i said about that (above quote) you "attacked"

Edited by FLApathy

FLApathy, try not to take things so personally. Precise1 was being glib, not poking insults at you. Your responses remind me of someone much younger and less experienced than yourself. Please take it easy.

Bottom line is, calm the hell down. You guys are reading posts the wrong way on both ends, so I guess we have nothing else to discuss here.