Have you guys seen this before?

Vsicks Pathy

:o  what a freak accident. good thing they came out alive

Well you see one guy climb out alive...the car thats just sitting there...i dunno...

Yeah I was thinking the same thing... it did not show the driver getting out, nor did I see any movement at all. :shrug:

UPDATE: On May 3, 1998.. Japanese racing star Tetsuya Ota was involved in achain reaction collision during a GT championship race. Ota was trapped in his car for more than 50 seconds while exposed to 800-degree temperatures. There was no safety crew coming to the rescue as fellow drivers frantically extinguished the flames. The result ended with serious burns to Ota and a lawsuit against track promoters and sponsors. Agreed upon event requirements called for safety crews to rescue a driver and extinguish any fire within 30 seconds or less. Ota signed papers claiming he would not seek damages from event organizers as is typical in some venue use agreements. In a District Court ruling, the hold harmless paperwork was thrown out and Ota was awarded 90 million ($809,352) Yen. Changes in the sport now include a "doctor car" and some fire engines standing by for such an emergency. The court also ruled that Ota could have slowed his vehicle quicker thus a reduction from the originally requested 300 million ($2,697,841) Yen.

thats what i based it on

Ota was in the Ferrari.

Ota was delighted with the court win. "I would like to thank everybody who has supported me along the way," the 43-year-old once referred to as Japan's best Ferrari handler said in the wake of the ruling.

Some race cars have an external air duct that plugs into the helmet. Maybe that helped him not to suck flames into his lungs.

Edited by jj big shoe

Ota was in the Ferrari.
Ota was delighted with the court win. "I would like to thank everybody who has supported me along the way," the 43-year-old once referred to as Japan's best Ferrari handler said in the wake of the ruling.

Some race cars have an external air duct that plugs into the helmet. Maybe that helped him not to suck flames into his lungs.

That race track didn't even have a rescue truck. I couldn't see where he would get clean air from. The moter is in the rear and the rest of the car is ablaze.

WOW. ugly crash. If that kind of ignorance was shown at an American track..... everyone would get fired..and the track owner would be selling everything he owned to pay the damages awarded to the drivers.

WOW. ugly crash. If that kind of ignorance was shown at an American track..... everyone would get fired..and the track owner would be selling everything he owned to pay the damages awarded to the drivers.

It's a real freak out to think they could hold such races and not have any emergancy personal at all. This was only in 1998 too. What were they thinking? -thnkboutit- :crazy::nono::shrug: :help: :bed: :X :hide: