New kid on the Path...

Guest Dickie

Hey everybody, I've been lookin at Pathfinders for a little bit and I'm thinkin of gettin one. I'm thinkin somewhere along the lines of an '01 SE 4wd model to ram around in, maybe get a little dirty too. :D

I just laid the green bills down on a 98 Pathfinder SE - leather, Bose stereo, moonroof, all the goodies. $9500 to be precise. 86,289 miles on it, dark red with black cladding. Now I'm in, right?

hey yall im new to this site and excited about talking with everyone. i own a 98 Pathfinder LE with just over 43K miles on it. ive got the six speaker bose audio, leather, sunroof, running boards, alloy wheels, and all that. ive never taken it off road but i really, really, really want to and am almost scared to because i love this ride so much. anyway, ive still got the 235 tires that came with it and i just don't think they'll cut it for any tough rootin. right now i don't really have the money for a suspension lift and can't a find body lift for it. i think what i'd really like to do is get some bigger tires, economically i think this is my best option, but i don't know how big i can go without any lift (maybe just to 265?). yall let me know what you think and i look foward to gettin to know everybody.

Dylanmarley12: You can't get a body lift for any 96-up Pathfinder. They're unibody vehicles. The only lift you can get is a suspension lift. You could probably stick 30x9.5 tires on there if you wanted to, or 29x9's if the 30's rub. Most people go with the 2" suspension lift and 31's. 235/75/15 tires equate to about a 28" tall tire.

You can get some pretty aggressive tires in a 235/85R15 size. Cooper Discover ST's are a great tire, and very reasonably priced. Myself, I've got Bridgestones on the Pathfinder, cause the dealer put em on prior to my purchase. When I get motivated, I'm gonna put some 18's and lo-pro's on the Pathfinder for street use, cause it's gonna be my primary vehicle. Which brings me to my next issue: are there 2" drop springs for a Pathfinder?

Yes there are 2" drop springs available, from AC (which is kind of viewed unfavorably on this site right now). 4x4parts.com. I imagine that a 2" drop would be quite a large difference in height, but I've never seen one on a Pathfinder. BTW, dickie, your new pathy sounds pretty sweet, get some pics up! ;)

Pics will be up Sunday. I still haven't taken delivery yet. :(

But Saturday's coming closer every day! :D:lol::D

Why's AC viewed unfavorably at this moment?

And Big J, your Pathfinder is really cool. Are your clears from ProCarParts.com? And your Waag brush and taillight guards, how do you like the quality? They seem to be the most expensive thing around, but from what I hear, they are by far the best. What's your experience with them been like?

Yes there are 2" drop springs available, from AC (which is kind of viewed unfavorably on this site right now). 4x4parts.com. I imagine that a 2" drop would be quite a large difference in height, but I've never seen one on a Pathfinder. BTW, dickie, your new pathy sounds pretty sweet, get some pics up! ;)

cacefcc15617cb170191b9e22562b2cf.jpg

Nice. 99.5+ LE on the drop. I like it! -bounce-

And Big J, your Pathfinder is really cool. Are your clears from ProCarParts.com?

Thanks! Actually, I got my clears from racerwheel.com, but I wouldn't recommend them, poor customer service. You can get some off of ebay for a great price, same quality.

Why's AC viewed unfavorably at this moment?

Check the thread in general forums called "I've been banned!"

And your Waag brush and taillight guards, how do you like the quality? They seem to be the most expensive thing around, but from what I hear, they are by far the best. What's your experience with them been like?

Actually, my brush guard is a manik and the taillight guards are smittybuilt. I think they are both high quality, but the smittybuilt taillight guards are a bit oversized for my tastes. If I had to get another pair, they would be maniks. I got the brush guard from 4x4parts.com for $389.99 not shipped, and the taillight guards from truckaddons.com for about $130.00. And if you decide on some sort of a grilleguard, get a one piece because I hear modular ones start rattling after time. I bet you're sure looking forward to that delivery, huh? ;)

Actually I was really looking foreward to it, but I ran into a little trouble this week, possibly getting myself expelled for telling the vice principal at my school to deep-throat a hot dog. So my purchase has been delayed, cause my mother felt it appropriate to not purchase it. I'm real disappointed, but it will give me time to save up more $$ for accessories when I do get a Pathfinder, which I definitely will. That and a project 240sx for my weekend racer. :))))