96-99 Pathy Overhead Console

yenno what doms, i never realized that the console autodimmed until you pointed it out -thnkboutit- . at least you got yours working and all :beer: ....

how 'bout you t0ast? get it running properly?

• 2 months later...

ok, so its been a while, and now im actually looking into doing this on my WD....

so it looks like i have to get the ambient temp sensor from a junked pathy, and run my own wires to the rad support. otherwise then to get its bearings it hooks into the speedo???

just some clarification is all im lookin for....eh well then im also lookin for the actual unit.....(hah, ill find one somehow...)

-sam

EDIT: ok, so it only hooks into the speedo to know that the vehicle is in motion....

how would i go about hooking it into a WD? same wire?

Edited by sammyb33

hey toast,  you've probably seen this since you went into calibration mode.  but in case you haven't:

compass1.jpg

Whoa!!

I wonder what # i should use. I am in San Diego (bottom left corner of the US)

but I travel to Baja all the time..

I'm gonna use 5.... mine was set on "0"

Edited by FUELER

thanks feuler......i just need to make sure all i would need is the sensor up front, and the actual unit. if that is the case, it would be very easy to get it hooked up in my WD.....thanks

-sam

Edited by sammyb33

i circled it on this pic. If you have firefox, you need to right click and "view image"

That circled thing in the pic isn't the compass, it's the sunload sensor for the auto climate control. The compass is built-in to the overhead console display unit.

That circled thing in the pic isn't the compass, it's the sunload sensor for the auto climate control. The compass is built-in to the overhead console display unit.

-bounce-

Yep. he's right. Have a pannenger put their finger over it while the lights are in "auto" and it's daytime...

Whoa!!

I wonder what # i should use. I am in San Diego (bottom left corner of the US)

but I travel to Baja all the time..

I'm gonna use 5.... mine was set on "0"

hehe fueler, i don't know what mine's set at as i never went into calibration mode. maybe it's set on 0 for default?

Instead of getting one of these... you should just mount a radar detector above your mirror...

dsc00359bd2.jpg

Then you get the compass, AND you can drive as fast as you like! And since your radar detector would be mounted so high, you get an early warning, since its mounted above the roofs of the cars :>

radar detectors are illegal in VA...and not worth it in my point...yea i might be the only 18 year old that i know of that rarely speeds.....partly because i like gettin good MPG....

-sam

and oh yea did i mention the cops in my area are straight dicks.....nice air fresheners, i got pulled over last weekend on 66 for having one hanging from my hondas rear view....

Edited by sammyb33

How the hell can you get pulled over for having an air freshener? I like to keep 3-5 of them hanging there, plus the skull one is badass. And the radar detector has VG-2/Spectre cloaking anyway,they'd have to actually SEE it to do anything about me... but it sounds like they're looking around in there anyway...

In VA, they'll give you a $500 Radar Detector ticket if they SUSPECT you of having a radar detector. If you brake when they radar you, that's good enough for them to give you a ticket. It also gives them probable cause to search your vehicle for a radar detector, and cite/arrest you for anything else they may or may not find.

VA cops suck.

• 4 months later...

ok, looking at the FSM, i cant seem to figure out the wires comming out of the OC unit. they are all black (which sucks) so if someone could help me read the schematic or point me in the right direction as to telling me which pin (in the connector) goes where. otherwise everything is ready and in place to be put in in my WD, so im really anxious to do this....

• 13 years later...

Ive just brought a 96 Terrano Regulus and the overhead console turns on (lights up) with ignition for a moment, then turns off again.

Have tried fuses but all look okay.map lights turn on.

I would appreciate any ideas on possible fixes. 

TIA