Brushguard

flnl

Bought this in a junkyard for $10... :crazy:

The Path it came from was "sandwiched" between two big trucks :wacko:

Do you think it is recoverable? Maybe I can use some kind of machine to press the mounts to be flat again... :unsure:

i'm no expert but depending on the thickness and how maluable the metal is, yea its fixable. a little welding here and there, some bending and it should look ok, might take some time to get it to look straight though. For 10 bucks you can't go wrong!

I bet you could fix that, and for $10 I'd try here, let alone how much more expensive stuff is down there. Agreed about the BFH, the welder, and a big vise hopefully. I beat somebody down to $15 on a chrome bull bar type I picked up at the community garage sale last weekend, a center brush guard type with light tabs. Like you, I'll be cutting and hacking to make it fit. Good luck!

yup thats exactly the one, they look killer. plus work as a lightbar.. you cant go wrong. the only two i've seen in north america (the fullsize one that wraps around the lights) dont look too great, the manik one is slightly better than the OEM one though. I just can't seem to find any of the terrano type anywhere. I wish i could get one shipped in from across the ocean, even, but i can't seem to find any for sale.

I'll check some other sources though. Most of them import motors and other JDM parts for cars, but maybe I can get them to send a couple of these in a container with that stuff. It's a long shot, but worth a try! :D

Yeah, I bet the bolts arent in too much better shape... :P I'd definitely start out on a hydrolic press, work my way to a vice and bottle jack and hammer, and leave flame for last resort... GL, it's going to take some effort to get reasonably straight !

B

I got them out yet.

Hum... I think there's something missing... the bottom of the supports just touch the front end of the frame, there's no way to fix the bolts there. I guess there should be another part to attach the support to the frame... ????