Music - What Do You Listen To While Wheeling?

vengeful

Since this is the OT forum...and this is an Off-Road website...I figure we ought to have a thread dedicated to all of our favorite wheelin' tunes...

For me, its generally:

Avenged Sevenfold

A Journey Into Amazing Caves Soundtrack

Acid Jazz

Brad Paisley...

Quite an eclectic mix, but it works...

I'll also listen to the "music" of the CB, Truck and Forest, too... :aok:

It's like when we go dirt biking.... We used to amp up on Metallica and the like before we hit the trail, but then I got tired of endoing and faceplanting within 5 minutes... :furious:

Now I like a bit of good vintge reggae to set a fun loving but mellower rhythm in my brain. B)

I crash a lot less often now!

oh when i'm the road, i listen to country. while i'm 4wheeling, i turn the radio off so i can hear my engine, the tires going over the rocks, and debre hitting the under carrage.

oh when i'm the road, i listen to country. while i'm 4wheeling, i turn the radio off so i can hear my engine, the tires going over the rocks, and debre hitting the under carrage.

Ditto.. but depending on if it is "fun" wheeling, or "agression release" wheeling... if it is in mud for agression release.... GODSMACK baby..YEAH! :aok:

I do try to listent to "gentle" music like country while I am in a good mood..if I go straight in with Metallica or Godsmack...somethin gunna break! (which is why, when angry, I listen to Godsmack..because I don't care if I break anything when pissed)

When wheeling music goes waay down or off completely.

However when driving (listed by position in my cd case)(you asked for it...)

Greenday, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Rancid, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphies, Bouncing Souls, Goldfinger, The Distillers, The Offspring, AFI, Pennywise, Less Than Jake, The Living End, MXPX, Rob Zombie, Metallica, Probot, Coal Chamber, Devildriver (their new CD drops tuesday!), Godsmack, ACDC, Static X, Motörhead, Superjoint Ritual, Mudvayne, Celldweller, Murderdolls, GWAR, and occasionally some Trance (you know thump thump electronica music) mix's.

:type:

97.3 KBSG! LOL! You must be in the Seattle area. I never really thought about jamming to oldies while wheeling, but whatever floats your boat. I'll usually have some driving music on down low, Led, burned mix cd's, whatever. But I keep it down to hear for creaking and hopefully to not hear things breaking. Good so far! :rolleyes:

yeah... I think I'll pass on the Wheelin to the oldies idea...

Rock typically (99.9 KISW and The Funky Monkey 104.9 are my local station of choice), but I really do have a wide range of music.

If not radio then it's burned mix CD's. That was until my CD changer died on me. but it made it through 3 vehicle's and something like 10-12yrs, so I guess I got my money's worth.

No matter what it is, it's almost always down low or off while wheeling.

We used to amp up on Metallica and the like before we hit the trail, but then I got tired of endoing and faceplanting within 5 minutes...

*snicker, snicker* Unfortunately, I know exactly what you mean !!! :clap::beer:

B

The Mars Volta, i love those guys they got some awsome songs. The window, Miranda that ghost just isnt holy anymore: vade mecum. thats a very long song name, but the song rocks. the trumpets kick ass.

Avenged Sevenfold, very good band.

Bad Religion, awsome.

Led Zep, Rolling Stones some classic rock.

almost always blasting no matter what, i love my music and i love it LOUD. when your passneger cant hear you when you lean over to talk to them, then you know its loud.

Edited by BigMike

• 1 year later...

In the Mud... only heavy pop :D

1. Judas Priest

2. Deep Purple

3. Motorhead

4. UFO

5. Iron Maiden

6. Led Zeppelin

Sometimes British Rhythm & Blues

1. Animals

2. John Mayall