So you want to lift your 96-up Pathy?

:confused: Huh? Brent is wrong? About what? When/where did Brent say the R50 has an R180 front diff? Simon, what do you mean "You were right"? About what? :shrug:

Edited by XPLORx4

:confused: Huh? Brent is wrong? About what? When/where did Brent say the R50 has an R180 front diff? Simon, what do you mean "You were right"? About what? :shrug:

I said before that the R50 had the R200 front diff, and Vengeful incorrectly said I was wrong, and stated that it was the R180.

• 4 weeks later...

I figure I'd add this tidbit.

Get your longer Rancho's from Amazon.com. I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and they sell the RS99116's for like $76 a piece. AC sells them for $75 but then you get nailed with their inflated shipping charges.

Amazon offers free shipping AND when I ordered them they were having a promotion for $30 off any auto parts purchase over $99. So i ended getting them for $122 and change, shipped to me in 3 days. Can't beat that.

Camber bolts can be found cheap at Summit Racing.

SummitRacing

$8.95 a piece/$17.90 a pair compared to the $30 a pair AC sells them for. :blink:

• 2 months later...

Jegs.Com carries Cragar Wheels. Your bolt pattern is 6x5.5"

A cheaper alternative to the Cragar Soft 8s are the Unique 297s

I would avoid the wheels with the D-shaped cutouts as they haven't been as strong as the circular cutout wheels in my experience. I've had both, and the d-shaped wheels have been super easy to bend/warp.

From what I've seen, the Crager, Unique (sold by Discount Tire) and Rockcrawler (sold by Pro-comp) brand wheels are all identical. I have 4 of the Unique brand wheels with one Rockcrawler wheel and they're identical.

• 1 month later...

Since the wheel topic has come up here, I will ask...

Right now I have 30x9.5x15 BFG's on my stock 15x6.5 rims. I want bigger tires (like 31's) to go with my OME lift.

However, here is the catch: I don't have fender flares and don't want the tires to fling stones all along the side of the vehicle, so I don't want them to stick out too far past the wheel well. And I can't seem to find the right wheel width and offset/backspacing that would prevent this.

I am chewing on the idea of finding some cheap/used/salvaged stock 15x7 rims off a Nissan or anything with the same bolt pattern that would fit. This way the 31's or metric equiv's would fit on the rims w/o sticking out too far.

Would this be worth the $$ or should I just stick with 30's?

The pic I'm including was the look I am trying to go for... my apologies for forgetting whose rig it is!!

post-688-1178994892.jpg

Since the wheel topic has come up here, I will ask...

Right now I have 30x9.5x15 BFG's on my stock 15x6.5 rims. I want bigger tires (like 31's) to go with my OME lift.

However, here is the catch: I don't have fender flares and don't want the tires to fling stones all along the side of the vehicle, so I don't want them to stick out too far past the wheel well. And I can't seem to find the right wheel width and offset/backspacing that would prevent this.

I am chewing on the idea of finding some cheap/used/salvaged stock 15x7 rims off a Nissan or anything with the same bolt pattern that would fit. This way the 31's or metric equiv's would fit on the rims w/o sticking out too far.

Would this be worth the $$ or should I just stick with 30's?

The pic I'm including was the look I am trying to go for... my apologies for forgetting whose rig it is!!

I'd suggest some 15"x7" with a 4.5" backspacing. Something like these.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT63875.aspx

Should give you decent strut pearch clearance and keep them from sticking out too far. I'm running 15x8 with the 3.5 bs and they stick out about 1 1/2".

most 31"s fit on the stock chromies supposedly.

Thanks for the link, Acey.

If I were to determine whether my current wheels were truly only 15x6.5's, what would the measurement across the wheel be from the outer wheel edge to the inner wheel edge? Would it be about 7"? I know 6.5" would be the inside width but the guys at the shop said I'd have to take the tire off to find out for sure and I can't exactly do that easily...

Edited by dkpath96

Thanks for the link, Acey.

If I were to determine whether my current wheels were truly only 15x6.5's, what would the measurement across the wheel be from the outer wheel edge to the inner wheel edge? Would it be about 7"? I know 6.5" would be the inside width but the guys at the shop said I'd have to take the tire off to find out for sure and I can't exactly do that easily...

I think they are 7". They should fit fine on the stock rim. They fit on my chromies fine. Just make sure to test fit the front first to make sure you clear the strut perch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I installed my OME HD front springs and Medium rear springs + KYB GR-2 front struts and rear shocks today...Not as hard as I though it would be (with a hoist and a spring compressor). Took me about 5 hours...very happy. Also found out I have an LSD rear diff :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The R50 has the R180 up front, same diff as the late (95-97) 4-cylinder Hardbody pickups. It will still handle 33s no problem though, as long as you don't abuse it.

To reiterate:

Nope, like the other's said the R50 has an R200 up front, but not like WD21/22 D21/22s it is a reverse gear cut (stronger on the front end). Technically for all US made 2004 and earlier Nissan trucks the R50 has the strongest front diff due to its reverse gear cut. The R200, although unlike any front diff Nissan has made, does have the same carrier as a WD21/22 D21/22 and will accept the same ARB air locker (Dean you know this). Unfortunately 4.6xx is the lowest gears we got as the 5.14s for the WD21/22 D21/22 are standard cut and won't work in a reverse cut diff.

PA270013.JPG

PA270015.JPG

PA270019.JPG

Tony says "HI"

PA270021.JPG

PA270023.JPG

Edited by systemf