So you want to lift your 96-up Pathy?

I'm wanting to lift my 04 I just bought before the year is over. Out of the two links I put below, which one is better? The only difference is one comes with the tower mounts and IDK what effect that has. I WILL NOT BE DOING ANY OFFROADING. Haha I just like the look of a lifted pathfinder. Also could someone tell me the max tire size I could use with these lifts? I'm a fan of terra grapplers, toyo open countrys, and hankook atms.

My link

My link

You basically have the same "kit" on both of the links. However, STAY AWAY FROM THE RANCHO STRUTS! The KYB GR-2 struts are your best bet. We have had several members here experience major issues with the Rancho's. I have had no issues with the Rancho shocks (and even like the way they look on my rig) but, there have been multiple reports of Rancho strut failures. In fact, one was just reported last week with one of our memebers in Australia. :thumbsdown:

*edit ... I purchased my lift from the very same web site that you are searching. I simply "put" my kit together and came out cheaper than what you have found so far. Try to search the springs, shocks, and struts individually and you will be much happier!

Edited by devonianwalk

You basically have the same "kit" on both of the links. However, STAY AWAY FROM THE RANCHO STRUTS! The KYB GR-2 struts are your best bet. We have had several members here experience major issues with the Rancho's. I have had no issues with the Rancho shocks (and even like the way they look on my rig) but, there have been multiple reports of Rancho strut failures. In fact, one was just reported last week with one of our memebers in Australia. :thumbsdown:

*edit ... I purchased my lift from the very same web site that you are searching. I simply "put" my kit together and came out cheaper than what you have found so far. Try to search the springs, shocks, and struts individually and you will be much happier!

awesome will do man. thanks for the heads up on the ranchos. so besides what is in the lift package is there anything else I would need or you recommend?

awesome will do man. thanks for the heads up on the ranchos. so besides what is in the lift package is there anything else I would need or you recommend?

Can't think of anything right now other than to go to your local Nissan dealership and order the factory strut mounts and bearings.