So you want to lift your 96-up Pathy?

• 2 weeks later...

OK I just got my 97 se pathy and if i went and bought some 31 BFG A/T they WOULD fit on my stock suspension with out any problems?????Right????? :scratchhead:

And if i was to go by a suspension lift would the one in the link below work????

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfinder-deluxe-suspension-package-p-1961.html

They would fit with some trimming, and as for the lift you should get the KYB struts that come in the kit for $790.00 they are much better and go buy OEM upper strut mounts because the ones that come with the kit are junk.

Edited by muddfildvaynes

ok thanks All this info is amazing!!!!! I love this site!!

So final question If im going to do a 2" lift what parts should I get if I want the best quality???? And where would I get these parts????....AND if i warn manual locking hubs where would I find those????

I read about all this and I'm just a little mixed on what would be the best and where i would get them??????

you get the 2" lift springs from 4x4parts.com. as far as everything else, you can get them wherever you want. i would suggest bilstein shocks for the rear. also get KYB struts. i have never heard a bad thing about them. tons of people hate the ranchos and have gotten KYB's instead. you can find the shocks and struts on 4x4parts.com, however it is a little pricey. your also going to want to get camber alignment bolts. these can be purchased from 4x4parts, or at summitracing.com for half the price. you want 14mm camber bolts. your then going to want to get NEW OEM ( from your nissan dealership ) upper strut mounts and strut bearings. you can also get these from factorynissanparts.com. i feel like im forgetting something, but i dont think i am. you can get the warn hubs anywhere, amazon, ebay...the part number you need is 29091 for the locking hubs.

all the part numbers should be in this topic if you need them, if not, search for them...they definitely are on the forum somewhere!

you get the 2" lift springs from 4x4parts.com. as far as everything else, you can get them wherever you want. i would suggest bilstein shocks for the rear. also get KYB struts. i have never heard a bad thing about them. tons of people hate the ranchos and have gotten KYB's instead. you can find the shocks and struts on 4x4parts.com, however it is a little pricey. your also going to want to get camber alignment bolts. these can be purchased from 4x4parts, or at summitracing.com for half the price. you want 14mm camber bolts. your then going to want to get NEW OEM ( from your nissan dealership ) upper strut mounts and strut bearings. you can also get these from factorynissanparts.com. i feel like im forgetting something, but i dont think i am. you can get the warn hubs anywhere, amazon, ebay...the part number you need is 29091 for the locking hubs.

all the part numbers should be in this topic if you need them, if not, search for them...they definitely are on the forum somewhere!

OK KOOL!! thank you Rocker for the help :jig:

now just got to get some more money together and get workin on it

• 1 month later...

just a quick question here... with the manual locking hubs. do i have to buy warn hubs that are specifically for my pathy, or can i get ones off another vehicle with 6 bolt hubs???

No, different vehicles have different spines

what about lifting my pathy... can i add in spacer blocks between the strut on the shock tower? how would i go about doing the rear then? i just want to do a 1" lift, nothing too drastic. or is there coil springs that will fit from another vehicle that would give me a little lift?

what about lifting my pathy... can i add in spacer blocks between the strut on the shock tower? how would i go about doing the rear then? i just want to do a 1" lift, nothing too drastic. or is there coil springs that will fit from another vehicle that would give me a little lift?

Well, strut spacer would work...of course, the better route would be new coils from OME (old man emu) they give a smaller amount of lift than others avail. and they are EXCELLENT quality from what ive heard!!! More of a heavier duty suspension than a "lift"

I agree that the OME are probably a very quality product and won't push you up as high as the Automotive Customizers 2" HD coils, but you might want to look at NX4 Industries (Cananda) as they have a 1" front spacer set for sale. It would give you a minor lift, but might help level out the rake:

http://www.nx4industries.com/r50susp.html

• 2 months later...

Would 1.5" in the front for the strut be a safe lift for the cv joints in the front axle??? And how much lift would I get with spacer blocks between the coils and axle if I made mounting pads that fit between???

Just looking for an 1.5" lift for the front and rear. I know I can do springs, but I'm incredibly cheap lol, not to mention it'll probably cost me close to $300 with duty and shipping. I'm hoping to do this for about $50.

In reference to the CV joints, I have done some checking but there is no good answer. The Aussies don't seem to have as many issues with CV joints so it maybe the way we wheel here. The problem seems to be the boot, unless something rubs at that angle. Basically the boot gets a hole (from friction rubbing) then road crud gets in and there goes your CV joint. The other possibility is the angle too severe causing binding and excessive wear, but that should not really be an issue unless we are way out side the suspension parameters. 2 inches "should" not be that much of an issue.

I have not finished my research as yet but will post once I get a better understanding of the problem.

I've seen some guys with cloth style 'socks' over top their CV boots, either clamped or zip-tied on either end.

Seems like good, cheap insurance to keep crud out of the boots in the event that they split.

Not sure where they got them, but the material looked like a canvas, definitely looked like it would do a good job anyway.

Think it might be worth looking into

From what I can remember, I need to do cv boots anyways. I want to replace them before I get the Pathy on the road for the winter. Not to mention I put 350km on a day for school and its mostly highway driving, so that will chew the old boots up like nothing. I would love to get some manual hubs, but I don't really want to fork out the money for new ones right now.

Thanks for the help btw :)

If you want superior boot for the r50, there is something available.... read my post here : http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=26677&view=findpost&p=492986

That is perfect for replacement boots and the price is great too! Thank you so much, really appreciate it :) As for both of the part numbers, that's both inner and outer boots right???

• 5 months later...

Ok, so I have now read this entire thread, and still haven't quite got the answers I am looking for. To start, I have an 01 Qx4, bone stock, with the 17" rims running 245/70/17 I believe. I formerly ran a 94 pathy, and had hopes and aspirations to lift it, but never did. I wanted to go 3" with that, however, I love my Q the way it is, but would like just a little more ground clearance to maybe run some 255 or 265 17's. I would like to do not much more than a 1" lift and was curious about the light duty OME springs, as what I have read the mediums will give a little less than 1.5", so would the lights give a little less? I know I could go with the 1" spacer up front, but I can't find anything to lift the rear an inch or so. Any suggestions on this? I am already planning on doing the Warn hubs, and see if maybe I can cut out a hole for them to fit through that cap, but I want something to maybe give me a little more clearance, you know? I don't want to throw huge tires on right away, and I don't want to make this thing a "truck" so to speak, as I love the way it rides now. I have heard nothing but good about OME, but at the same token, haven't heard anything about the light duty springs either. I am not planning adding any bumpers or anything of that nature, and if I ever do, it will mean I have the money to replace springs if needed. I just want to give a slightly higher stance, as I notice the Infiniti's seem to sit slightly lower than the Nissan's, and this could be purely cosmetic as they have a different body kit, but I would like to bring it up a bit. Let me know of any suggestions, as I am going to stop rambling here for a bit and see what else I can find. Thanks in advance for any and all info!

If you went with the 1" strut spacer in the front you could go with a gasket coil spacer in the back:

Mr Gasket 1" Coil Spacer (Universal)

I can vouch that they lift just under 1" (they compress a little after install). Think I paid like $9/piece for them about 6 months ago...

Thanks Rick13, I will look into those

• 3 months later...

I'm wanting to lift my 04 I just bought before the year is over. Out of the two links I put below, which one is better? The only difference is one comes with the tower mounts and IDK what effect that has. I WILL NOT BE DOING ANY OFFROADING. Haha I just like the look of a lifted pathfinder. Also could someone tell me the max tire size I could use with these lifts? I'm a fan of terra grapplers, toyo open countrys, and hankook atms.

My link

My link

Edited by PlatinumR50