popping clunking clicking sounds

BigMike

alright ive been searching and seaching but cant find out what the problem is or where its comming from. the sound is mostly comming from the right. when i turn but only where there is some body roll involved. some times it sounds off repetativly in the turn with or with out any change in the amount of turn. it leads me to suspect the suspension and mostly suspecting the compression rod. imma have to crawl under and take anouther gander at the set up but this heat is killer at times. so you guys have any ideas?

If it's on the PS.. check your idler arm and all suspension components on that side, both for worn out bushings and metal, and also for rubbing. Good luck! hope you find the problem soon! WAVEY

I had a popping sound when I would turn and hit a bump or a little hole. It was the bushings. Not sure which ones though since I replaced most of them when I put the suspension lift on. Now no more popping.

Maybe try applying lube one at a time and test driving inbetween. I think it was Bernard that suggested this, but I could be wrong. Process of elimination. But if one set is toast, it wouldn't hurt to replace all anyways. BYW, I just noticed lots of cracking and slop in the PS UCA ones. Good thing the new ones are due to arrive tomorrow. ;) Good luck, and if you need to get replacements, I've had good experiences with Central 4Wheel Drive for cheap Energy Suspension bushings.

the compression rod looks ok, doesnt look like its had any movement other than the usual. the bushings look alittle cracked on that and the UCA, and the boot for the balljoint is kaput. dont know how that happened its only 3 months old. ill try the lube thing, think WD-40 would be alright?