new exhust

sniper15

Yes you can (its just a muffler), they have several models depending the sound you like (I have a classic 40 series and its great), and just about any exhaust shop can do it. Shop around. You'll probably get a better deal at a smaller independent exhaust shop. If you need all new pipes, they can usually work you a decent deal on doing the whole thing as well.

I just put a new Flowmaster 50series delta flow muffler on my pathy. and i love it. I told the guy at flowmaster that i wanted it to sound as close to a deep V8 sound as i could and i didnt want it to sound like a little import fart can. and that is what he recamended. I also put on a 2.5 in. exaust from the muffler back. Just use your old tail pipe as a pattern and peice a new one together. Goodluck :cool2:

post-6-1117718644.jpg

I just put a new Flowmaster 50series delta flow muffler on my pathy. and i love it. I told the guy at flowmaster that i wanted it to sound as close to a deep V8 sound as i could and i didnt want it to sound like a little import fart can. and that is what he recamended. I also put on a 2.5 in. exaust from the muffler back. Just use your old tail pipe as a pattern and peice a new one together. Goodluck :cool2:

DITTO. :aok:

The pipe can be found at any local exhaust shop. I think I paid 20 bucks for a 10' length of 2.25". As far as the delta or classic goes, not really sure of the difference. Once again, call a local shop and ask them. They will most likely have the answers you seek.

M.M.

Summit have the mufflers for $89. A shop will have to make the pipes, or, go to Kragen, or a similar store and see if you can hook some pipe up. I paid $200 to have the flow and pipe (2.5"), with install. :D

You don't necessarily HAVE to change the pipes, its just it helps with breathing, and if they're old and/or rusty and you're already in there doing work, you might as well take care of it. If you decided to just go with the muffler, I've seen shops advertise Flowmaster mufflers by themselves installed for around $100.

Many people have done glasspacks and have liked them. Mr.Jim had one years ago, and I heard it once and it was fine.

LOL MM, that goes for any motor... Breathing and farting is #1 performance restrictor. Over the years, I have mod'd many vehicles (trucks, VWs, motorcycles) and have never done any motor mods... Just intake and exhaust; maximum gain for minimum $ and it doesn't screw with reliability, longevity and can increase gas milage, depending on how you drive... My take is why mess with a reliable motor (unless you plan to race), just set it up for good air flow...

B

....or just buy a 4" K&N cone and use the gold plate inside your airbox and a piece of fuel hose. I did that and it works great. Mr. Jim has a write up on his site, I'll see if I can dig it up.

M.M.