UCA's (upper control arms)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Another data point:

Just called Rough Country at 1-800-222-7023 and spoke to Clay at ext 125 and mentioned NPORA. Upper control arm kit is shipping out to me in California for $133 (from Tennesee)

Very helpful guy, great price!

I will also be trying a set of their RC8000 shocks on the front ($31 each from Clay). The '88 has RS5000's on it, but frankly, I find them stupidly stiff and harsh on the compression stroke. Like riding a 1980's tech dirt bike. I am not a member of the "trucks oughta rattle your teeth" school. I'll let you all know how they are!

Another data point:

Just called Rough Country at 1-800-222-7023 and spoke to Clay at ext 125 and mentioned NPORA. Upper control arm kit is shipping out to me in California for $133 (from Tennesee)

Very helpful guy, great price!

I will also be trying a set of their RC8000 shocks on the front ($31 each from Clay). The '88 has RS5000's on it, but frankly, I find them stupidly stiff and harsh on the compression stroke. Like riding a 1980's tech dirt bike. I am not a member of the "trucks oughta rattle your teeth" school. I'll let you all know how they are!

They seem to gove the $133 deal to all of us now.. which is not a bad thing :aok:

Did you have to work him down or did he just offer up that price when you mentioned NPORA? I had to deal some, but ever since I bought mine that seems to be "the price" people here are getting :shrug:

Let us know about those shocks... I don't need any but it's good info to know and I am sure there are people who are or will be looking to buy :aok:

Didn't have to negotiate at all.... Just called Clay's extension and mentioned that their products, service, and price were getting great accolades on NPORA, and if he could extend the same incredible $133 delivered deal to me, I would buy a set right now and had my card in my hand... That's it! Took up about 3 minutes of his time and mine.

Then we got to yacking, and I asked about their shocks and how they compared to Rancho 5000's.... He said exactly what I wanted to hear - every bit as HD and able to keep 31" tires well in control, but not as stiff. He had run Rancho's for years.

• 1 month later...

UCA's and shocks are in. Both get A+'s!

I heartily recommend BOTH! And what Clay said turned out to be spot on. A credible sales person.... wow. I love it! I will not hesitate to do business with them again.

The 8000's give more damping than "stock" replacements sized for smaller road tires, and feel about perfect for 31x10.5" tires on steel wheels. If you go bigger than that or add a whole lot of weight to your rig, the 9000's may be better for you.