UCA's (upper control arms)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally installed mine today. The truck looks great with it balanced out now. I didn't have any problems with mine. I paid for ground shipping and received them in two days. They came with the bushings too and the grease fittings were already drilled and tapped.

Oi, no wonder they're so cheap. Are there zerk holes drilled and tapped already?

I spoke with them today, and they're gonna ship the rest of the stuff for $10 total. I wasn't too amused to pay more, but its better than $40 for the kit elsewhere, plus getting the grease fittings, etc. And yes, the arms are drilled for the fittings.

Ok just got mine on order, negotioated price of $130.00 to my door in 7-10 business days. Very nice guy I talked with but I didn't get his name. Just to give everyone a heads up he said he only had about 4 left in stock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeh those are gone, just talked to clay and he said they're expecting a shipment on monday so I'll call back then, btw he quoted me at like $167 plus freight so I said "My buddy got em for $130 shipped" (my buddy being norcaljoe of course) so he said "yeah I can do that" so hopefully they'll get em in on monday, wish me luck

everyday getting closer to my lift, money willing of course :D

btw norcaljoe, where are some pix/results?

Edited by headpeace

It's amazing how quickly they change the price :huh: Well it took me about a day to get mine installed. I also decided to go ahead and put in new upper ball joints while I was in there. Let me tell you, getting the old bj's out was a pain in the you know what. P... I followed 88's suggestion and put in longer spindle bolts, other than that everything you need should be included in the kit. I'm not sure how much more lift I squeeezed out of the old girl but I have one suggestion. After everything is complete and you decide to crank the old torsion bars all the way, make sure you are near an alignment shop! I was about 15 miles from one and it was a very slow trip. Between the t-bars and and some sloppy steering components my front end was squeeling like a stuck pig and trying to throw me all over the road. Good luck with your install. :aok:

p.s. A hydraulic press really helps getting the old bushings out.

norcal, preciate the suggestion, where did u find the longer spindle bolts, and how much lift did u end up with in the front? And if anyone has a suggestion for some rubber for the top of the JGC springs in the back cuz I dont have any mud flaps and all the new rubber cones I find aren't suitable (not enough rubber down there) I'd appreciate it

Well 88 suggested online at some place like McMaster Carr, luckily we have a fastener company here in town that had them. You need grade 8.8 or better. I'm not positive how much lift I got but if I had to guestimate I would say about

1-1/2". I could get more i'm almost positive, but I was feeling lazy and didn't want to reindex the t-bars. As for your JGC coils I seem to remember another member on here used heater hose. He or she just cut off a length and shoved it on the end of the coil.

If you order the UCA's, be sure to specify you want them along with the bushings, ball joint bolts, etc. like in their picture. I said something like "I don't need the whole kit, I just want to do the UCA's" and they sent me exactly that, just the UCA's. No bushing, etc. I ended up calling back for the bushings and ball joint bolts, and paying another $10. He said he'd send "the whole bag of stuff for them" which ended up being just the bushings. Jeeze, work with me here people!!!. Still, all said and done, that was $137 total and I can find bolts elsewhere.

Uhmm heater hose as in the hose that goes to your heater core on your pathy. If you have the coils out of the vehicle your best bet would be to go down to your local parts store and ask to see there different hoses. Find one that fits real snug on the end of the coil.

You know now that I think of it it could have been a garden hose I saw. :confused:

Since the JGC coils are about .52-.58" thick, you'd need 5/8" or 3/4" heater hose to work with and not be too much of a PITA. Squirt a buttload of silicone inside the heater hose before sliding it on, then let it cure before installing the springs. That way the hose'll stay put and still absorb vibrations. ;)

Ooohhhh... could this be the start of a taunting war within team moderator? We'se certainly hope so, don't we, presssshhhussssssss...!

I think I'll be pulling up a chair for this one!

sssh The admin ( :bow: ) hasn't been biting lately so I'm swaping lures... Besides, I'm just a lowly moderator so I'm -study- and :hide: till I can land him and P... . Hard to :X . :shrug: sssh

Edited by Precise1

• 7 months later...

Bump...

I ordered a set of UCA's last Friday (Feb.24) and they arrived this afternoon.

Everything was there and intact... Arms, bushings, bolts, zerks.. the whole bag of parts.. even an RC sticker.

If you play your cards right you can still get them for the prices guy's here were paying last year... $133 placed them on my doorstep :aok:

Edited by RedPath88

Bump...

I ordered a set of UCA's last Friday (Feb.24) and they arrived this afternoon.

Everything was there and intact... Arms, bushings, bolts, zerks.. the whole bag of parts.. even an RC sticker.

If you play your cards right you can still get them for the prices guy's here were paying last year... $133 placed them on my doorstep :aok:

Good score man. I must have annoyed the guy taking my order. It was probably a Friday, and I was being cheap, so he had fun with me. Good luck on the install, it should be relatively straight forward.

anyone know if a metric 8.8 will be strong enough for a spindle bolt? thats all I can find in the right size. They say "its stronger than grade 5" which I was thinkin grade 8 at least, then again I'm no bolt expert

Guest JohnSavage

I just ordered a set as well and the guy was aware that the forums are pushing their products. $120 + shipping = $133 and will pack everything that ya need!

I just ordered a set as well and the guy was aware that the forums are pushing their products. $120 + shipping = $133 and will pack everything that ya need!

Yeah, theres no way they "can't" know by now. :D