Looking to sell Pathy by fall

amb4081

My 90 Pathfinder will have a replacement probably around September-ish of this year. I will be upgrading to a 2001 or 2002 QX4 or Pathfinder LE 4x4.

As you can see in my sig, my rig has a decent number of miles. The exhaust is original and I have the manifold stud problem. My question is: Will the vehicle sell that much better if it has a new exhaust? Or should I just sell it as is?

What can I expect to pay for a full new exhaust? Thanks.

First off are you east coast, west coast, or flyover country like me? It makes a big difference in what you actually get for the Pathy. Not knowing the exact rust condition of your 90 $1750 is a bit high for the mid west, but probably low for the west coast.

Why is this important to know, well if you have someone fix the exhaust studs it will be somewhere around $600 just for that. The total exahust system is about $350 to $400 if you are replacing the cat. (Summit racing has excellent pricing) So you could drop $1000 into fixing the exhaust and never get any of it back. In Ohio I would tell you drop the price a couple of hundred and fix nothing!. Someone from the west coast could give you a better idea if that is your sales area.

There is a guy on the Ohio/PA border who claims to have gotten $2500 for his 1995 Pathy after he cut it up and sold the pieces on Ebay. I am not sure if I believe him.

vehicle condition aside, I say leave the exhaust. It can be a very labor intensive project, especially if one of the studs is broken off in the head. Tell the guy what it is when you do sell it, as it's the honest thing to do, but I wouldn't worry too much about it detracting too much from the sell price. I decided to tackle mine once and for all, and ended up pullin the motor just to get to a stud busted off in the head about 1/4 inch. Good luck.