Here is my r50 build plans, looking for advice and comments

Jacksonavenue

I have a 01 LE I got February 2020 at 154k miles and now at 182k and still running strong, but somehow I’ve gone this long without doing any real mods to it. I’m a little nervous dumping money into it given I’ve absolutely tortured the rig off road, but it still hasn’t skipped a beat and I think now is the time to build it up. 

My plan is:

-AC 2” front and back lift springs 

-Professional fender trim

-Front Lokka 

-Tire upgrade (big KO2s or something) 

-skid plates

-possibly high clearance bumpers

-front manual lock hubs

My question is if this is a solid enough plan and if I need to take other things into consideration. Specifically if I should also upgrade shocks/struts or maybe should look into non OeM wheels so I don’t run into tire fitment issues. All advice is welcome, and I’m always looking for other ideas and maybe info on if my mod list is worth it. 

Just want a solid reliable and capable rig. Just want to conquer deep snow and hellish mud on my journeys. Not building a rock crawler or anything. I think my days of slamming it through mud pits at 40 mph are over.

Edited by Jacksonavenue

Looks like a good list. Look into the missing link if you haven't, supposedly that keeps the front end a little tighter. I'd leave the fenders alone until you know how where/how much the tires rub. If it's got an automatic, add a cooler. If it's got 4.3 gearing, you can offset your larger tires by swapping in 4.6. If it's got the rear LSD, check out Hawairish's writeup on packing that for higher breakaway torque.

• Like 1