White paint

My 07 is white and in some places the paint is flaking off down to the primer. Anyone else having this problem? I'm curious to know if it's a problem with the white paint or if happens with other colors.

My 1991 still to this day has no problem.  

My 1994  had the flaking paint down to the primer. 

Both of them white.  I know in the 90s they did not use a clear coat on the white paint. 

I think the EPA made them change something about how they painted vehicles around that time.  I noticed quite a few Vehicle from all different makes and models having that issue around that time frame. 

You're probably right. I remember , some years ago, Japanese car manufacturers sent paint to the U.S. to use for their cars built here. When they sprayed it the EPA monitoring equipment went off the scale so it couldn't be used here. I hope it can be touched up without having to re-paint the whole car. I know some paint systems are not compatible with others. Thanks for the response.

With My 94,  it just kept flaking off.   I decided to sand off the areas that it was flaking. and used White Durabak bed liner over it.  a year later there was a spot that started flaking under the durabak and the dura back came off with it, but it was just one spot. so I touched up the area with the durabak again. it has been fine ever since and it has been 2 years. 

I paid $900 bucks for it so I did not mind using bed liner on it. It looks better than having grey primer spots all over it.  It has taken some shopping carts and they just bounce off without leaving a scratch.