New to the R51

I've been on this forum for a while but on the R50 page. I've learned an awful lot there. My 97 has 340 k on it now so it's going into semi- retirement. I recently bought an 07 R51 and I love it as much as I do the 97. I have a few questions though. Can you put manual locking hubs on it and if so what's a good brand? Is OME still the best lift kit (have one on my 97). What's the biggest tires on stock wheels (with a lift)you can use? Thanks in advance for the advice.

10 hours ago, Megaton said:

I've been on this forum for a while but on the R50 page. I've learned an awful lot there. My 97 has 340 k on it now so it's going into semi- retirement. I recently bought an 07 R51 and I love it as much as I do the 97. I have a few questions though. Can you put manual locking hubs on it and if so what's a good brand? Is OME still the best lift kit (have one on my 97). What's the biggest tires on stock wheels (with a lift)you can use? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Good questions there.

No, due to the design of the hubs you can't fit manual hubs. The front bearing and axle setup is more like a Subaru style hub than the previous gen Nissans.

Lift - I'm running king springs and Bilstein shocks off rockauto. OME is again good.

Tyres - I'm running 255/85r16 BFG KM2 (33.2") on OEM 16X7" alloys, no spacers. Requires a small trim to rear of front guards but otherwise no rubbing.

See my thread below for pics.