Tension rod/strut rod bushing cups repair

MisfitGarage

So I own a fab shop and had a customer bring in a 1996 Pathfinder that was having a loud clunk in the front suspension. That’s when I learned that the tension rod/strut rod bushing cup rusts off or breaks off these vehicles all the time. I found what seems like some people did and weld a bearing race on where the oem piece was. But the bearing race really wasn’t very tight. Seemed like there should be something better. 
So here’s what I came up with. The tapered cup extends past the bushing to give it extra material for when the control arm pivots . The bushing touches the cup all the way around and when tightened it easily self centers itself as well. This turned out even better than I had hoped for. Don’t judge from the picture with the bushings I’m still waiting for the new ones to come in but even with these the front suspension tightened up drastically. 
What do you guys think? I’m contemplating if there’s a market for manufacturing some of these? They fit better than the race. They would be much cheaper than the races.

I could only upload 1 photo. 

C670D18A-4716-438D-BFD1-A62003764B4B.jpeg

• 5 months later...
On 10/6/2022 at 2:18 AM, Slartibartfast said:

I used the races on mine. Did seem a little loose, but the bushing sorta filled it once it squished down. Yours looks like a better fit. Is it a custom piece or a repurposed off-the-shelf?

Do you know the size or the part number bearing race you used? And you had to weld them in right?

On 3/31/2023 at 12:52 AM, Slartibartfast said:

I think they were Timken L68111. They weren't perfect, but they were close enough. And, yes, weld-on. Weld it good and hot, there's a lot of carbon in that bearing steel.

Learned that lesson, mine weren't welded hot enough apparently. Noticed one of them was broke off the other day...