A new guy...

WhitBob

Hello all,

I'm WhitBob.  77 year old male, in California.

I have a 1988 Nissan Pathfinder SE V6 4WD. Has 165K miles.

I acquired it from my neighbor a few years ago, and just started working on it this year.

It would run and drive, but there were issues, one of which was a miss that was diagnosed as low compression in #2 cylinder, and the previous owner was told that it wouldn't pass CA smog test.

The previous owner had it on non-op CA registration status, and I continued that until I could dive into it, and get it "smogable."  Turns out, that was a bad diagnosis - all cylinders were between 155-168. But the distributor cap and wire to #4 cylinder was corroded all to heck.

Short story is it is running pretty good now, it passed smog, and is registered to drive on the street now.

I'm pursuing a code 13 issue, driver side exhaust manifold leak, and the fuel and temp gauge issue with the voltage regulator...and a bunch of brittle rubber parts - vacuum hoses, etc.

It's in pretty decent shape inside and out, and I think it will make a fun little buggy, once I get some of the old-age bugs worked out. (of the car...and me too I guess - though I think the chances are better for the car.)

That's about it, and glad to be a member here.

Bob

• Like 2

On 10/3/2022 at 12:27 PM, WhitBob said:

That is a gorgeous T10 restoration!!!  Just hope the fine-ness of the finished product won't deter you from driving it...

Thanks! It's got a ways to go yet, but I'm looking forward to getting it back on the road.