'91 wd21 SEV6 Power steering pump question

Clembs

Hey I have searched and I am needing to replace the power steering pump on my '91.  I noticed the '93 and older have a different pump than after '93.5. So my question is are there actual differences in fitment or can I use a '95 vg30e pump.  Further if I swap brackets and pulley could I use one off an R50 or early xterra?  Seems like if they are the same engine block it might be possible, or at least locating a '95 WD21 pump.  The prices on the R50 and xterra are much lower than the early wd21 pump.

Thanks for any replies

Looks like the W/D22 pump will work. IIRC the R50 pump is set a few hundred pounds higher, probably to suit the rack and pinion, so I wouldn't bother with that. I would expect a pump off a '95 WD21 to bolt right up.

If the old pump died a messy death, flush the hell out of the lines and box consider adding a filter. There's a bit of a screen in the res, but it's not much (and may need cleaning). I replaced a pump on a VW last winter that had run dry and the glitter just kept coming out of that thing. It had a half-decent filter in the res but I added a Magnefine to the return line anyway to hopefully catch the worst of it.

Thanks for the reply Slarti the pump hasn't gone out but it's getting harder to steer while sitting still and I notice some jumping/vibration in the steering wheel when i turn left almost full lock.  Just trying to get it back 20 years in condition and felt like it's a good thing to make it drive less old