New, My 2008 pathfinder

sam63

Hello, just wanted to check in and ask a quick question, inherited a 2008 pathfinder from a family member the vehicle has been sitting a little over a year went over and tried to start it with a quick charger but no luck battery was shot made a trip tonite to pick up a fresh one , any advice on starting one that has been sitting this long and what to look for ? Thanks 

:welcome:

I doubt much has gone wrong in a year unless it was parked with an issue or attacked by rodents. I would check the fluids, check the tires, check the air filters (engine and cabin air) for mouse nests, and make sure you hear the fuel pump when you turn the key on. The fuel might be a little stale, but unless the cap was left off or something, it shouldn't be too bad. Look around in the engine bay for any obvious damage to the wiring, mouse nests, chewed hoses, stuff like that. If all that looks good, turn the key and see what happens.

Once it's going, read up on the strawberry milkshake of death and do the trans cooler bypass before that hits, assuming your family member didn't already. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a staunch advocate of new to you, replace all fluids and filters so it's not a guessing game. You'll know the condition of all those for best longevity and future trouble shooting.
Except for any previous issues that caused it to sit and rodents, I'd imagine it would start up like nothing happened. Perhaps with a few pumps of the peddle?

Smells like strawberry milkshake but doesn't taste like it.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk