Kamchatka, Terrano R50

• Ermak changed the title to Kamchatka, Terrano R50

But of course, why didn't I think of that....put solid front axles and lift like crazy . That's a sick ride dude . Is that the front diff off the older model terrano?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dogla said:

But of course, why didn't I think of that....put solid front axles and lift like crazy http://emoji.tapatalk-cdn.com/emoji16.png. That's a sick ride dude http://emoji.tapatalk-cdn.com/emoji106.png. Is that the front diff off the older model terrano?

Front and rear diff from Nissan Safari 60
5.13 HF Standard gear front for Nissan Safari 60 61 Patrol 
if i correct understood your question
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, hawairish said:

@Ermak Can you provide some info on that radius arm setup?  Looks great!

Sorry, what is radius arm?

5 hours ago, PathyGig12 said:

Ok I’m going to need ALLLLL the details on this one. Holy crap that’s a nice build

No problem)

1 hour ago, Ermak said:

Sorry, what is radius arm?

It's the suspension setup used on that front Patrol axle.  I presume those are OE arms, but was the axle modified, or was it already LH drop?

Either way, would love to see more pictures of the suspension and axle setup!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hawairish said:

It's the suspension setup used on that front Patrol axle.  I presume those are OE arms, but was the axle modified, or was it already LH drop?

👌

I'll do pics tomorrow

Axle was modified.. Mmm... inverted, flipped. I don't know how to explain it correct in english

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ermak said:

👌

I'll do pics tomorrow

Axle was modified.. Mmm... inverted, flipped. I don't know how to explain it correct in english

Awesome.  Inverted/flipped is understood, I have seen it done on other axles.  

• Like 1

Impressive! That's (or was) powered by a QD32Eti. Is it still running the stock diesel engine or any mods?

2 hours ago, jtchal said:

Impressive! That's (or was) powered by a QD32Eti. Is it still running the stock diesel engine or any mods?

Stock diesel QD32Eti

• Like 3

On 8/24/2021 at 6:17 PM, hawairish said:

Not perfect, but works.. And i found and check little crack. I think that all this construction need more stiffness, cause sometimes i have shimmy

6ns4wFr.jpg

3iD2tdI.jpg

V5gcN8f.jpg

Yp3zv49.jpg

Tl1Qvgu.jpg

• Like 7

Damn, that's some serious structural mods. Looks a lot cleaner too without the struts.
What about the rear? Are you using stock drive shaft? When it's articulated that much the wheel usually travels more to the front. But in your pic it looks to be nicely centered.
Man this makes me want to blow new life into my 2.7 TDI terrano with a lift like that.I might give it a try someday.

2 hours ago, dogla said:

Damn, that's some serious structural mods. Looks a lot cleaner too without the struts.
What about the rear? Are you using stock drive shaft? When it's articulated that much the wheel usually travels more to the front. But in your pic it looks to be nicely centered.
Man this makes me want to blow new life into my 2.7 TDI terrano with a lift like that.I might give it a try someday.

Rear stock drive shaft was extended, and axel was a little bit turned.. In general, changes in the back are not so big

Thank you @Ermak!  I acquired an SAS project (axle + Nissan Frontier truck still with IFS) the other week but haven't committed yet to completing that project.  I've been exploring a very similar setup on my Pathfinder using Land Cruiser or Mitsubishi Montero Sport (Pajero?) arms instead.  I needed this inspiration!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hawairish said:

Thank you @Ermak!  I acquired an SAS project (axle + Nissan Frontier truck still with IFS) the other week but haven't committed yet to completing that project.  I've been exploring a very similar setup on my Pathfinder using Land Cruiser or Mitsubishi Montero Sport (Pajero?) arms instead.  I needed this inspiration!

You're welcome. I'll be waiting pics of your project.. But 37s tires are too small for me and i have plans to grow soon ))

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ermak said:

You're welcome. I'll be waiting pics of your project.. But 37s tires are too small for me and i have plans to grow soon ))

Haha, you might be waiting a while!  The Frontier needs engine work, and I won't make a decision on which truck to SAS until it's running.  The previous owner acquired most of the parts needed to do a simple leaf-under swap on it, so it's tempting to just continue that project.  But, doing the Pathfinder just seems far more appealing.  Not sure I'd go to 37" tires.

Have any tips, lessons learned, pros, or cons about your setup?

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 6:51 PM, hawairish said:

Haha, you might be waiting a while!  The Frontier needs engine work, and I won't make a decision on which truck to SAS until it's running.  The previous owner acquired most of the parts needed to do a simple leaf-under swap on it, so it's tempting to just continue that project.  But, doing the Pathfinder just seems far more appealing.  Not sure I'd go to 37" tires.

Have any tips, lessons learned, pros, or cons about your setup?

Hmm.. I don't know.. Maybe because i haven't subframe anymore i still need more stiffness.. 

5 hours ago, Ermak said:

Hmm.. I don't know.. Maybe because i haven't subframe anymore i still need more stiffness.. 

Good point.  How'd you do the motor mounts, and was there any additional crossmember added in place of the subframe?  Looks like the panhard tower adds some cross support.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 6:40 AM, hawairish said:

Good point.  How'd you do the motor mounts, and was there any additional crossmember added in place of the subframe?  Looks like the panhard tower adds some cross support.

I didn't touch motor mounts. They are the same. And no more crossmembers exclude panhard tower.. That's problem, i think. Subframe is  more stiff construction. I'd like to see another similar project))

• Like 2