'91 WD21 Pathfinder Fuel Sending unit in 2021?

Hey everyone I just replaced my original FP and had never even opened the tank with almost 300k on it.  Pump went in great and works for now (aftermarket).  My problem is that the sending unit was rusted and shabby as all.  There is a little cylinder near the bottom with a wire coming off it (i assume fuel light switch?)  it was rusted in half and I think may have fallen off.  Anyway my question is does anyone know of a place to purchase a decent aftermarket sending unit or even a used one that is still zink coated?  My fear is that any unit '95 or older will be near the condition of mine and I would rather just let mine die a slow death if that's the case.

Thanks 

I checked around and came up empty handed for NOS.  This is the part number I was able to find for your particular years sending unit. 25060-41G02 You might have some luck using car-part.com.  I'd recommend west coast junk yards for least amount of rust.

Just remember 

there are different size tanks. and different dash gauge levels,  make sure you are getting and XE for and XE and and An SE for an SE.

I made that mistake and noticed the height difference when I pick one up at pick n pull. 

Then I got one where the gauge worked but the fuel light sensor did not. 

• 2 weeks later...

I believe there is 2 different fuel tank sizes. 17 gal and 23 gal.  My best guess after wondering around junk yards that SE had the larger tank size. 

I checked part numbers on Nissanpartsdeal and as usual found a surprising number of options for various years. Looks like five or six different tanks, or at least different part numbers. Naturally the descriptions don't give their capacity, just outside dimensions and weight, so, good luck. Looks like the four-banger trucks may have had smaller tanks? I'm not jumping into that rabbit hole right now, but the info's there if someone else cares to go through for each year, trim level, and engine and make a spreadsheet.

In any case, yeah, getting a sender from a truck as close to yours as possible in year/trim is probably for the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Be very careful with the sending units. after all this time they are very fragile. the flexible contact that rides up the fuel level contact can crack. 

when they are pulled out they are subject to damage just setting them on their side. 

I bet they are.  Mine looks terrible and partially works but only goes up to 3/4 then isn't always correct and have no clue what it would say while empty bc it shows E when it's half a tank.  Any idea where to get a new or reman one

I wish I knew. Mine is the same way, after 3 attempts at replacing them at the junk yard. I am beginning to think it is the Gauge or perhaps a marginal voltage regulator behind the dash. My fuel dummy light still works so as long as I am not too far from a gas station I start heading to one when I see the light.  I generally go my the Trip odometer to tell me I am getting close to the light coming on.