Weight on Stock Rack

TWGVinny

I just picked up a 1 owner clean 03. It has the luggage rack option I believe. I’m wondering if I can put a tent on top of this? I’m not sure on weigh capacity since I can’t find it anywhere. Can anyone tell me if this will support my 80lb GFC Superlite tent? Going camping this weekend and wanna toss it on top and not sure on weight. 

I’m trying to attach the photo but it’s the one similar to the Xterra rack with the built in fairing thing. I can’t post a pic but you all should know What I’m thinking!

Edited by TWGVinny

13 hours ago, TWGVinny said:

I’m trying to attach the photo but it’s the one similar to the external rack with the built in fairing thing. I can’t post a pic but you all should know What I’m thinking!

Just wondering if I should chance it or not. image.jpeg.929c9eeddda61f83cbd2947446b0cecc.jpeg

this is the one im

talking about! 

I THINK you'll be okay with the SE roof rack. I've seen others run heavier traditional soft-shell RTT's which are probably 120-130lbs. I'm not aware of published load ratings for the rack but maybe someone else is...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I also have been curious about this as well. I was just looking through the owners manual for my 01 R50 and on page 2-34 it states not to load the luggage rack with more than 100 lbs. Looks like you will be a little under that so you should be fine. Also, consult your owner's manual for confirmation. Altho the illustration in the owner's manual looks more like a 96-99 R50 style luggage rack. I hope this helps👍🏿

Edited by CamperDan