Rear brake bleeder screw specification

fleurys

I need to order some bleeder screws for the rear, but unfortunately I felt short of getting the specs of it and apart from knowing the nissan part number (41128-8J100) which cost almost as much as a complete wheel cylinder, I am asking this :

Does anyone know what are the specs and possibly a good alternative to the nissan oem part ? (part number please and/or link to order)...

Tks.

@fleurysI pulled a bleeder screw off my old 04 drums with OE Akebono cylinders; Nissan says it uses the same bleeder.  I measure it as M7x1.0mm x 30mm (total length, 10mm of thread), 8mm hex head.  If that's all true, Dorman 12708 (32mm, 2-pack) or 484-149.1 (34mm, 1-pack) seems to be the answer.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Well.. yes  it took me that long to find the time to change the bleeder screw..lol... I confirm M7x1 are the good numbers...  just too bad for me that the bleeder was rusted stuck, which I eventually snap in two while the other part stayed in the wheel cylinder.... so had to change the wheel cylinder and of course the brake line snapped also trying to unscrew it... which led to a new brake line all together...  real nice example of a 5 minute project that turns into a half a day...  welcome to rust country !

Thanks again @hawairish