Fishy619

Hey guy's my name is Frank I recently purchased a 2002 Pathfinder r50 4x4 and i have plans to tow a 17.5 foot aluminum bass tracker was wondering about transmission cooler recommendations?

Play free bird!

This topic's been beat pretty hard over the years, so you'll likely find several recommendations if you search around a little. They typically have vehicle weight ratings as a guideline for picking a size that'll suit your application.

• Like 1

:welcome:

Welcome to NPORA!

Sorry, sometimes posts go unnoticed or nobody has a great suggestion to share. The transmission cooler isn't as big of an issue on these as it is with later Nissans (R51 Pathfinder and N50 Xterra) so the topic isn't extensively covered, but extra tranny coolers have been done on R50's (1996-2004 Pathfinder). Any generic cooler suitable for a midsize SUV should do, just find a place to mount it near the radiator. There was one particular kit from Amazon for pretty cheap that was popular for a little while but I've long since deleted that bookmark. Mounting will have to be custom pretty much whatever route you go.