Lower radiator hose tube 1992 PF 6cyl

exray

Hi folks,

New here.   Searching for the metal tube where the two lower radiator hoses are connected.  It clamps to the engine I guess to avoid any rubbing from the belts.  I'm not sure of the part number since none of the drawings seem clear about it.

Any help in finding this part would be greatly appreciated.

-Bill

Thanks but that doesn't seem to show it.  Its a tube about 10" long.  1-5/8 D.  Clamps to the engine.  Looks like I'll have to make my own!

tube.jpg

Just for future reference HERE is a link to download the service manuals for pathfinder. They may help you track down the part number. Is that pipe stainless steel or mild steel? It looks rusted at the top and I would think that Nissan would not make a tube out of mild steel that would be sitting in water. Could it be that this is an aftermarket part?

Mild steel and rather thin.  Seems to be 18ga! I thought the same thing.  I have no idea of its provenance.

Looks just like the stock part on mine. Coolant has corrosion inhibitors that are supposed to stop rust. That only protects the inside, though, and only so long as the coolant is good.

I found that part listed on Nissanpartsdeal as 13049N, under Water Pump, Cooling Fan, & Thermostat. The actual PN is 13048-12G01. Naturally they don't have it. These guys and these guys do, but I'd buy a piece of exhaust tubing and weld a tab to it before paying what they want. I'd check a wrecking yard first or see if anyone local has a parts truck.

The '94/'95 manual on Nico is good, but the '90 manual you can get off cardiagn.com is more accurate for the square-dash trucks. Sadly though neither includes part numbers. They've got model numbers for a few things, but they don't cross-ref to part numbers in any way I've figured out.

Great that you found it!  At least I have an alternative if for some reason a homemade pipe can't be made to work.

Tnx!