1999 tire choice

JZONE777

Just found a 99 SE limited wiith 94k and one owner. I do a lot of highway driving to get to the sand and fish. I would like to get a larger size but car is stock.

My first choice is a Bridgestone A/T Revo 3. But I have not been up to date with tires today. The forum mentions Falkins.

Another question is should I do the timing belt as a priority also. Any other comments on how to start my restore is very welcome.

Welcome to NPORA! Sounds like you found a really nice Pathfinder to work with.

At that mileage I doubt the timing belt has ever been done, and by mileage it is due. By time it is very overdue, so I highly recommend changing it as a priority (do a whole timing kit that will include water pump, tensioner, etc. as well).

Regarding tires, there are a lot of excellent all terrain options. I see on your profile you live in New York, so I bet snow and ice traction is very important to you. Because of that I would limit your choices to:

• BF Goodrich KO2
  • Falken Wildpeak AT3W
  • Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac

The Falken tires will likely be the cheapest and will perform on par with the other two options, but exactly which tire you go with is up to you. I would research each, there are lots of articles online comparing those 3 tires as they are all very popular choices.

Beyond timing belt and tires, I would inspect the vehicle very thoroughly and address anything mechanical that isn't in 100% condition. At only 94k miles, assuming the vehicle is not rusty especially on the undercarriage, you should have many many years left to enjoy it if cared for properly.