Power antennae

neilca

My power antennae has started acting up so I decided to replace it with one I got off Amazon. Holy smokes what a disaster. I got the old one out, but could not remove it from the chassis because the wires going inside the truck are tied behind the heater core and fan. I decided to bypass this wiring and rewire, but then the new antennae won't accommodate the high angle of the Pathfinders fender.

What antennae are you guys using? Any suggestion on the wire routing or getting to the original wires?

Thanks,

Last one I got was either from Napa or less likely, Pep Boys, direct replacement.  I don't recall the wiring being a hassle so I can't help you there, but yours is a 99.5 and may be different.

Edited by CALPATHY
add info

I finished installing the power antennae. The lead to the radio was really too short, but I used a different routing and got it all connected. Plus, I had to mix and match new and old parts to mount in the fender. After all that, I had to machine two parts to finish the job. Amazon claims this fits a Pathfinder but I am calling BS

Amazon.com: Spec-D Tuning Power Am Fm Radio Mast Antenna 12V Replacement Kit + Cable + Wires: Automotive

I had some trouble when I did mine, too. I replaced just the mast on my '95, which wasn't actually that difficult, but things got interesting when I tried to swap that assembly over to my '93. I couldn't work out how to get the antenna cable out of the truck, short of cutting it, and naturally the '95 mast was different than the '93 mast, so I ended up Frankensteining the two assemblies into one in the wheel well.

Good to hear you got it in the end. Hopefully there's enough on the radio where you live to make fixing the antenna worth it!