Compatible Roof Rails for R50

KingKiwi

Hey Everyone,

I'm after a bit of knowledge that you all might be holding onto.

I have recently brought a Terrano R50 (basically a pathy) and it doesn't have the factory roof rails that run down the length of the truck.

Luckily it does have the fixed points under the gutter covers.

I looked at getting some second hand Terrano roof racks to throw on, but I can't find any!

Does anyone know of any other models that have the same mounting dimensions as the Terrano, that I may actually be able to find in country (I was thinking Xterra, X-trail, patrol, safari).

I'm also open to aftermarket options!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by KingKiwi
Typos

I've never heard of any aftermarket solutions and most DIY racks utilize the OEM rail that's bolted into the gutter. If it were me my first stop would be to check the local salvage/junk/car yards and see if there's a Terrano you could pull them off of!

So I’ve spent alot of times with the rails as I bolt into them for my rack & I want to elevate and level it. Not only do the aluminum gutter rails have rocker (or curvature), it’s asymmetric along its length. I do not think you will find a matching curvature on another vehicle. The SE style long elevated rails with only feet in the front & back might work but it would be tough matching up the mounting points.@Fr8Train in Australia has made an alternative. I like the concept but think I would want some sort of wider base to distribute the weight to the roof in a more distributed and laterally broader fashion. That said, his might work fine - it certainly looks good. As an FYI, you will probably end up having to pull your headliner to secure it.

• Like 1