Tire Manufacture Date?

I bought some new tires for the Pathy and they’re manufactured on the 34th week of 2019. Is that too far back for new tires?

They were bought online and shipped to me today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought some new tires for the Pathy and they’re manufactured on the 34th week of 2019. Is that too far back for new tires?

They were bought online and shipped to me today.

They’re fine. Try posting this in the general forum section.

Sent from my Pathfinder

Generally speaking, 6 years is “old” & when manufacturers recommend replacement. Everybody agrees at 10 years. Many national chains won’t work on tires that are over 5 years old.

I’m surprised those “new tires” are that old & I’d be disappointed. If they were free or I already had them, no biggie. Personally, since I keep tires a long time, I would consider complaining & asking for something newer or a substantial discount. I’d use the point that you drive your vehicle low miles but won’t be able to get those tires serviced in about 3 years.

That said, I’m still rolling on Toyo ATII from the 41st week of 2013. Admittedly,[mention=37543]TowndawgR50[/mention] was noting the other day that my rubber has some visual signs of age.

1 minute ago, RainGoat said:

Generally speaking, 5years old is too old & alot of national chains won’t work on tires that old. I’m surprised those “new tires” are that old & I’d be disappointed. I would consider complaining & asking for something newer or a substantial discount. I’d use the point that you drive your vehicle low miles but won’t be able to get those tires serviced in about 3 years.

If the tires are no longer able to be serviced because of age, then using the complaint of low mileage should be irrelevant. The normal for tire replacement is 6 years and tires should no longer be on a vehicle at 10 years. 

That's a better outcome than I would've expected! Who did you buy through?

A neighbor brought me a set of mounted snow tires to put on his van last winter. No cracking, great tread, rubber still felt soft. The date codes said they were made in 2000. :blink:

That's a better outcome than I would've expected! Who did you buy through?

A neighbor brought me a set of mounted snow tires to put on his van last winter. No cracking, great tread, rubber still felt soft. The date codes said they were made in 2000. :blink:

I bought it through Walmart. Had a set of Michelins from there that lasted about 7 years. but they don’t make them anymore for my rim size. (265 70 R15). So I got Bridgestone.

And jeez that’s a long time ago.

Interesting. I got mine through Walmart, too. Got them in '19, dated 48th of '17. Wasn't thrilled with that but didn't figure it was worth mentioning. Guess I should've done! Maybe they don't have enough turnover to keep things fresh, or maybe they pick up unsold inventory from other places.