TX10 low gearsets

Rockclymr

Hey everyone. posted this on the Fbook group but thought Id share here just in case someone might want to get them while available. Bonney Motorsports has gearsets available for the TX10 case atm. Jared told me he still has 5 sets in stock with one reserved to a raffle he's doing. Tickets are $20/each with a limit of 3 per person w 50 tickets total so may want to get in on that at least and possibly get lower gears for $60 bucks or less. cn get in touch w/ Jared here

www.bonneymotorsports.com

• Like 1

hey guys I am back on here its been a bit!! so I have two sets left they came out to 3.9:1 ratio not he 4.735 that the distributor has listed but still one hell of an improvement over stock and they ship next day at least these last two will then I will have to import more. I am also working on getting them to make the 4cyl set of gears as well they are in the works but the guy I am dealing with is on vacation for the next week so I wont get any new info for a bit. Any how that said they are 1000 shipped hit me up if you want a set. @hawairish

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi

1) Id like a set of the TX10 gears.  Does 4 high remains the same ratio (4 low is affected)?   

2) Someone once told me that it is bad to run modified TX10 gears without changing pinion-ring gears, because all the torque is not distributed equally throughout the drivetrain.  Can one safely switch from the stock 2.0:1 TX10 ratio, to the 3.9:1 ratio, while still running standard 4.375 pinion gears?

Thanks

---9heart

Edited by 9heart

1) High range (2HI/4HI) stays the same (1:1). Low range gears only change low range.

2) I'm not sure I understand what whoever told you that was talking about (and I'm not sure they did, either). With a TX10a, in low range, the front and rear driveshafts are locked together by the chain, so one cannot spin faster or slower than the other, regardless of the gear ratio.

• Like 2