Rear end death wobble

98dreamer

I'm having a significant wobble, at high way speeds, when the throttle fluctuates. Off/left, on/right. In cruise, when topping a Hill, it will be bad enough that I have to come out of cruise. 

Has anyone dealt with this and determined which part of the five link is responsible for this? 

Yeah this sounds exactly like the issue I had before I changed my trailing arms. I just did the lowers and it got rid of the sway, but it’s a good idea to do the uppers as well. They control the twisting of the axle under load/braking and if the lowers are crapping out then it’s likely the uppers are pretty close behind. Only reason I did the lowers alone was because the uppers were already done a couple years prior 

• Thanks 1

Yeah if you get to where a part of a system fails, that becomes your weak link (no pun intended) replacing only that part just exposes the next chink. Mine had death wobble when I bought it (I'm sure that's why it had been traded in) I started with rear links, just so I could drive, but then started gathering everything I needed for a complete front to rear suspension/steering rebuild. So then I decided whilst I'd have it all apart, just go ahead and lift it at the same time! ;)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BamaQX402 said:

Yeah if you get to where a part of a system fails, that becomes your weak link (no pun intended) replacing only that part just exposes the next chink. Mine had death wobble when I bought it (I'm sure that's why it had been traded in) I started with rear links, just so I could drive, but then started gathering everything I needed for a complete front to rear suspension/steering rebuild. So then I decided whilst I'd have it all apart, just go ahead and lift it at the same time! ;)

She's definitely a slippery slope hey? I'll just do this one little thing aaaannnnnddd.... now my bus is up on jack stands and in a million bits ?

• Like 2