missfire when holding speed

Brennantodd

My 2000 pathfinder vg33e has a miss when holding speeds and using light throttle and a rough idle when the ac is off. have tried seafoam and countless others. have replaced plugs, fuel filter, bpt valve. when egr was disonected after my bpt valve blew up it didnt miss when holding speed but still had the rough idle what could be causing this. i also have a knock sensor code that hides in the background.

Take off the distributor cap and check for any fine gold/red/brownish particles. The distributor bearing is very common to fail on these trucks.

The knock sensor code will take some power/mileage away but won't cause your problem.

10 hours ago, adamzan said:

Take off the distributor cap and check for any fine gold/red/brownish particles. The distributor bearing is very common to fail on these trucks.

The knock sensor code will take some power/mileage away but won't cause your problem.

No particles of that nature

Check for vac leaks and check the condition of the plug wires, cap, and rotor. I had a bad plug wire (chewed by rodents) and it created an intermittent misfire, mostly when cold/wet. Whenever it flared up it would be gone by the time I had the hood up.

3 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Check for vac leaks and check the condition of the plug wires, cap, and rotor. I had a bad plug wire (chewed by rodents) and it created an intermittent misfire, mostly when cold/wet. Whenever it flared up it would be gone by the time I had the hood up.

i replaced plugs and wires and cap and rotor still misses

If it's not the usual ignition suspects, either it's the distributor like Adam said, or it's not spark. If having the EGR disconnected made it run better, I would check that the EGRC solenoid is hooked up and functional and the EGR valve isn't leaking.