braking

Guest burtonboarder

Guest burtonboarder

Just wondering if anyone makes a big brake upgrade. The braking needs to be a little better after last night. My friend was borrowing my path. & rearended an integra so I was just wondering.

you should have prolly posted what year. 1994, same as mine. i havent seen any bigbrake kits for our trucks mostly cause lack of demand. do you have rear disk brakes? you might wanna look into that too if you dont have them. im try to save up cash to do a rear swap myself.

The dammn thing weighs about 4000 lbs, what do you expect?

And no, there's no big-brake upgrades. You can get slotted rotors and better brake pads, that's about it. I'd suggest that your friend drive a bit more carefully if he's hitting things with your vehicle...

You guys think braking is bad? First go get about 5 blisters on each foot, and rip up your toe next to your little toe on your driving foot. Then go driving and try to stop.

That's what I did this weekend (went running barefoot with my buddies on the beach, and then we tried to get to the next beach without going back and getting our shoes. BAAAD idea! :( ) Trying to put enough pressure on the brakes to stop in any reasonable distance hurt sooo bad. I'm just glad I have an auto, my friend had to drive a stick with feet in similar condition to mine (of course he has a CRX so might not have been as bad as the pathy). Lessons learned: 1 don't try and run on cement without shoes, 2 chicks dig guys in pain as evidenced by the free ride back to my pathy. sly