Pressurized Fuel Injection Cleaning 97 Pathfinder

AR97Pathfinder

Has anyone here done a pressurized fuel injection cleaning. The one where you disable the fuel pump, remove the fuel input hose and connect in a canister to the port with the cleaner running off a compressor at the fuel pressure of the vehicle (34psi).

I know I have some injectors that dribble some fuel when I shut off the engine and I’ve heard this cleaning helps as dirty injectors can tend to do that. I believe there has been a TSB from Nissan concerning this.

Well in my case if I come back to the vehicle around 30 minutes to an hour after it’s been sitting it starts up but stumbles for a few seconds. Fuel pressure test indicated an 11 psi drop in 25 minutes. Cold starts are great and after several hours is also fine.

I loaned the tool from a friend and plan on running the OTC cleaner through it. But just wanted to hear some thoughts on it first and if anyone has actually done it or experienced something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

This is done with the engine running? I have really not heard of this.

What I have heard done was having the injectors cleaned and flow tested (I've done this) and most folks replace faulty ones as needed/indicated.

I could swear I've seen that TSB too, can't seem to find it though. My understanding is that you basically run the engine off injector cleaner for a short period of time to flush the crud out of the fuel system, like adding fuel treatment to the tank except it's much more concentrated, and therefore more likely to do something. Seems like a good idea to me. Let us know how it goes!

Yeah I tried it a few months ago and didn’t work. So I pulled upper and lower intakes and changed knock sensor, injectors, fuel rail to intake seals, IACV, and intake seals.

So far so good. Hopefully don’t see the warm restart stumble after 20 min come back. One thing I forgot to do which I will do this weekend is clean all the ground connections in the engine bay.

Curious, what is your mileage on the truck?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Just over 181k but I live in NYC (Queens) and as you know city driving sucks the life out your vehicles. But it’s in amazing shape despite.

I do get some stretches of highway driving in every week though. And used to do some Florida and Canada trips before with it.