Pressurized Fuel Injection Cleaning

Has anyone here done a pressurized fuel injection cleaning. The one where you disable the fuel pump, remove the fuel input hose and connect in a canister to the port with the cleaner running off a compressor at the fuel pressure of the vehicle (34psi).

I know I have some injectors that dribble some fuel when I shut off the engine and I’ve heard this cleaning helps as dirty injectors can tend to do that. I believe there has been a TSB from Nissan concerning this.

Well in my case if I come back to the vehicle around 30 minutes to an hour after it’s been sitting it starts up but stumbles for a few seconds. Fuel pressure test indicated an 11 psi drop in 25 minutes. Cold starts are great and after several hours.

I loaned the tool from a friend and plan on running the OTC cleaner through it. But just wanted to hear some thoughts on it first and if anyone has actually done it or experienced something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I perform injector cleaning like you are describing at work quite often. 

That said, it doesn't sound like you have a leak to be concerned about if it takes 25 min to drop 11 psi. That is well in the normal range. The injection cleaning won't hurt though. 

With your symptoms, it can be a variety of things that can drive you crazy to track down. Could be fuel quality since they have different blends for the seasons, wear in the ignition system, a temperature sensor that is reading a little off, worn O2 sensors, general engine wear, and combinations of the above. 

I perform injector cleaning like you are describing at work quite often. 
That said, it doesn't sound like you have a leak to be concerned about if it takes 25 min to drop 11 psi. That is well in the normal range. The injection cleaning won't hurt though. 
With your symptoms, it can be a variety of things that can drive you crazy to track down. Could be fuel quality since they have different blends for the seasons, wear in the ignition system, a temperature sensor that is reading a little off, worn O2 sensors, general engine wear, and combinations of the above. 

I have performed it a few days ago and so far so good.

The symptoms I was explaining have not occurred back since. No stumbling on warm restarts after that 30 to hour and half time frame.

Ran two cans through the canister at the fuel rail.

Good to hear. Just wondering, what product did you use? Also, how long has it been since you replaced the fuel filter?

I used the OTC fuel injection kit with the cleaners. I replaced fuel filter about 1.5 years ago.