Alternative to AC lift coils

jessrob

I tried to reach out to jovany to come on the site to clear any misinformation and he has been slow to react and probably uninterested. He did tell me his attempts to work with Ironman were before he made the video. He also mentioned Ironman wanted to give him partial refund for the springs. At this point he looks like even bigger liar with his claims of bad customer support. With that said, having worked on my pathfinder’s suspension a bunch, I can say something is wrong with those springs but I guess we’ll never really know. [mention]RainGoat [/mention] I gave up social media nearly a decade ago. I haven’t looked back since. The amount of crap on there makes everyone stupid.

Sent from my Pathfinder

10 hours ago, R50JR said:

I doubt they’ve bought an r50 as a daily. Their only offerings currently are springs for front and rear. At $200 for a pair of springs, I doubt they will be creating anything more for our platform. The market for r50s is extremely small and the majority of owners can’t afford that price point. I think them buying this car is simply to test if their springs are defective. If ARB is able to ramp up production for their products, then this company will be obsolete in the r50 world.

Sent from my Pathfinder

Doesn't have to be a daily to encourage them to develop parts for it. Ironman has a wide range of products for various makes and models outside the USA. The R50 sold well internationally with many of them still being modified and used for recreational purposes. With the exception of engine options they don't change much from region to region so I think there's a chance we could see some offerings even if they aren't as plentiful as others available to the USDM Toyota or Subaru crowd. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 11:29 AM, R50JR said:

That would be great if you could get measurements. The way I see it, the coils from the video are defective. Hopefully you get a pair that are consistent with their specs.

Sent from my Pathfinder

ok I opened the boxes tonight. Sorry I have had a lot of projects, have been redoing a bathroom, and i had to do a repair on a carbon fiber duckbill for my q40......but tonight I had some time.

front coils are 16" tall with 6.5 coils the half coil is the one that drops into the bottom strut coil bracket they are 16mm thick coils

rear coils are 14.625" tall with 7 coils 15mm thick coils

Edited by 02QX4