Getting honked at for being too slow

AaronHorrocks

This may be only because I'm in California with lots of traffic and impatient and rude drivers...
But does anyone else get honked at with regularity for driving too slow, or accelerating too slow? 

The 1988 to 1995 Nissan Pathfinders are great vehicles. But even new in the 1990s, they were fairly heavy, and certainly regular and cheap cars were all faster. 
Cars in 2010 to 2020 are by far faster and accelerate very quickly. And I'm driving a vehicle that's 25 years old, is fairly heavy, and wasn't well powered when it was new. 
I'm one of the slowest vehicles on the road in visible proximity, unless there's a semi, or there's like a classic driving around with me.

Drivers staying behind me and driving too close, and honking, and getting irritated at me has been getting me flustered. 

Never had that happen to me in 15 years of Pathy ownership. Honked at for many other reasons, yes lol.

These days people drive by and give the thumbs up because around here mine is the only one left and it is a cool old classic to all the hipsters.

But I get the odd impatient tailgater in any of the cars I own. The other day a guy in a golf R raged on me because I was in the left lane passing someone (going 20 over the limit nonetheless).

only time ive ever had a negative experience with another driver was i was merging on to the high way in my work truck (05 f250 powerstroke crew cab long bed with welder and equipment in the bed) which is a super super heavy slow truck from a stop until the turbo builds. and as i was merging a car came around the corner and i had plenty of room to where it was no where near a cut off, but they decided to not slow down and pass me blaring the horn on a no pass blind corner. other wise its just the typical dodge on my ass or a BMW for going 5 over.

I don’t know that I’ve been honked at but I can say that 95% of the time when taking off from a stop that I am an inconvenience due to being slower than nearly every other vehicle out there (aside from a loaded down tractor trailer).

It’s definitely a pain to drive my VG33 QX4, my wife’s GX470 has so much more power it’s like night and day.

I haven’t does this... but I often imagine opening my sunroof right when I leave the house and then flipping pennies out from below the plane of view at people that ride my ass. Then when they hop out at the next stop to do something about it— well the imagination goes on but I’ll leave it here.

20 hours ago, onespiritbrain said:

I haven’t does this... but I often imagine opening my sunroof right when I leave the house and then flipping pennies out from below the plane of view at people that ride my ass. Then when they hop out at the next stop to do something about it— well the imagination goes on but I’ll leave it here.

I often think about keeping a handful of marbles in my jacket pocket when I am out on my Harley, but I resist the urge!

• Like 1

It took me a while to figure out that my speedo is off and low by about 10%. I have learned to compensate for that. But no, I generally don't get passed that much anyway. If I do, it's because some asshat is late to werk and in a bigger hurry than I am ?

• Like 1