U Joint Consensus?

PathyGig12

I was reviewing this thread for info about U-joints but it left me more confused than when I started. Anybody know what the consensus is for R50 u joints that fit properly and aren’t a pain in the ass to install?

For now I’m ruling out parts store garbage brands and want to stick with something solid, but if anyone has part numbers of “lesser” brands that have worked perfectly and been bomb proof on their trucks, feel free to mention them!

As I understand it, the snap rings must be internal for the 2001 with an Auto transmission, so I did a search and found that the spicer 5-3218x seems to be correct for the front but I’m wondering why it was never mentioned in the above thread? I also can’t seem to find any for the rear besides the 5-1505x which was said to have external snap rings, but multiple websites list them as having internal, so I can’t tell. I took a look at neapco for the rear but they no longer list the 1-0029BF, only the regular 1-0029, which hawairish stated he had lots of trouble with. 

About a year ago I had this same problem and eventually figured out part numbers,  sizes, and was able to replace all the joints without problem. Unfortunately a year later all I have left in my notes are

"rear flange hole distance 2 11/16"

"front flange 2 1/4"

"rear joint 3 1/4"

"F 1 1/8"

If I recall 2 of those were Nissan sizes, 1 was Jeep, and 1 was Ford. Sorry I know that probably useless. But maybe it can help. Good luck.