WD21 power side view mirror mod

Tonio

Hi newb here...

92 WD21 XE

Looking to see if its possible to add/mod side view mirrors on the wifes Pathy to a powered set. I 'm guessing the SE model had them , but not sure of when they aded them ' 93 maybe? Anyone know , or have a resource I can research ?

I see Dorman has the mirror assy 955-1520, but wondering if Pathy's back then had builds that the internal wiring is available, and maybe add the switch.? Or would full rewire would be required?

Appreciate any help  !!

EDIT: Been a lurker for may years, just never signed up ;? Personally I have a '11 Xterra, previously a 2004 Fontier and 1986.5 pickup 

Edited by Tonio
edit

:welcome:

The '89 manual shows power mirrors, so they've been around at least that long. The '95 manual shows power mirrors with heat, but it looks like the heater plug is separate, so a heated mirror assembly may still plug into an early harness (just wouldn't have heat). Many things are pre-wired, but I don't know about the door harness. I'd say remove a mirror and see if there's a wiring harness stuffed in behind it.

There should be 2-3 wire connectors, 1 for the mirror motor and 1 for the heater in the door (probably folded back and taped to the main door harness) that are for this. The mirror circuit is on the same fuse as the Blower mtr and Radio with a additional circuit going to the rear defogger relay to activate the heater element. The harness connection for the switch will be prewired as well just have to get a switch and plug everything in.

Thanks for the welcome Slartibartfast.  '89's had em - good to know !  yeah, not concerned about the mirror heater out here in SO-CAL. Will have to dig in the door cavity to see if there is a wire harness, if not good time to add it ?

Rocklymr-  suppose the motor is in the mirror assy ?  I may need to go to a junkyard for the switch- but I'll look around on parts site diagram - kinda doubt they are available anymore though.  Thanks for the circuit info- will go into the door panel and confirm if the wire harness is actually there.

Thanks again guys. I'll try to update as thing get going.