Is a 2" SFcreations Spacer Lift Okay to Throw On with Stock Suspension?

QX4nicate

Look, I hate doing stupid stuff to my vehicle, but I'm 20, I don't make much money, and yeah, I can only work with what I've got. When I first bought my '02 QX4 I went out and ordered a 2" spacer lift/leveling set from SF creations and 31.5" tires... All of this has been just sitting at my house for the past few months due to a lack of time.

I took the running boards off, so I've got some more clearance for the new tires. I've installed new ball joints, new sway bar links, and will be installing new inner and outer tie rods. Manual hubs will be the next purchase once I've got $100 freed up to spend. 

From what I read when I first bought the vehicle and did the research 3" spacers are my max without hurting the CVs and brake lines? 

So am I good to throw the 2" spacers on without causing any issues? 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

If you install the 2" spacers, you could potentially have binding issues with the front CV axles while the wheels are off the ground. This side-effect seems to be influenced by the particular brand of CV axle on your vehicle. The best way to confirm whether you have binding or not is to install the spacers, then rotate the front wheels (with hubs locked) by hand and feel for any resistance or binding in the inner or outer CV joints. If there isn't, you're probably OK. If there is binding, you may damage the CV axles on any type of terrain that might cause either front wheel to max out the suspension travel. Therefore, avoid such terrain.

Also, another common side-effect of 2" spacers is extreme positive camber, which may be correctable with camber bolts. After installation of the spacers, you'll need an alignment.

• Like 5

On 11/14/2020 at 7:05 PM, XPLORx4 said:

If you install the 2" spacers, you could potentially have binding issues with the front CV axles while the wheels are off the ground. This side-effect seems to be influenced by the particular brand of CV axle on your vehicle. The best way to confirm whether you have binding or not is to install the spacers, then rotate the front wheels (with hubs locked) by hand and feel for any resistance or binding in the inner or outer CV joints. If there isn't, you're probably OK. If there is binding, you may damage the CV axles on any type of terrain that might cause either front wheel to max out the suspension travel. Therefore, avoid such terrain.

Also, another common side-effect of 2" spacers is extreme positive camber, which may be correctable with camber bolts. After installation of the spacers, you'll need an alignment.

Thank you! If I'm not doing the alignment myself, should I bring the camber bolts with me when I get one done? Or should I install them before I take it in? I'm capable of getting it pretty close to aligned I just suck at it.