I'll be back someday.

Remus92

Well rough day to end it off. 

I know I've been MIA around here the last couple years. Ole Flapjack died on the way home. It's too damaged for me to repair it... So I guess I'll find something else to drive and hopefully get into another pathfinder sometime.

RIP 334K to end it.

PXL_20201105_231803297.jpg

• Sad 1

If the frame is OK, just go to a JY and purchase a front clip and bolt in on.  You can straighten the inner fender parts Close enough to bolt the new metal on using scissor/bottle jacks and a piece of wood 4x4.  We have done it many times.  Yup, when you pop the hood you can look at the inner fender and tell it's been wrecked before, but NOT from the outside.  Just did this for a neighbors PU truck a while back.

Edited by Riderman
  • Haha 1

I totally agree, given there is no problem with the frame or anything major under the hood. Especially if you didnt have problems with the vehicle prior. I mean these trucks are great, I have a 97 and they just keep going and I'd hate to get rid of it. 

Most of those body parts can be purchased aftermarket and relatively cheap such as the bumper cover and the metal bumper above that. Lights are easy to find at the junkyards as well as the fender and hood. I have seen that hood around a 100 aftermarket and fender cheaper. From that pic though it looks like the radiator is gone also. I'm pretty certain, not sure what your budget is, but if you can do majority of the repairs it could be about a 1000 or even less. 

At the end of the day at least you weren't hurt. 

If you dont mind me asking, how'd it happen? did you get rid of it yet? 

• Haha 1

Problem is the R50 is a unibody. There isn't a separate frame like the pickup and the WDs. You have the subframe, but the body is a structural part and the struts are bolted to the body. Generally, the R50 just doesn't have the value to make the expense of fixing the body structure properly worth while when wrecked like that. 

My daughter's 18 Versa was totaled and all the damage was in front of the front doors and windshield. The engine and trans were ok and even the windshield was unbroken. 

• Thanks 1