Rear brakes - New Pads won't fit over new rotors.

Harbinger

So I haven't had this happen before.  My rear disc brakes both are refusing to go back over the new rotors with new pads in the calipers.    Both calipers have the piston pushed in far enough that the pad is sitting below the bracket.   The outside (non-piston) pad hits the rotor and then the other side of the rotor interferes with the caliper bracket.  

Both calipers are pretty corroded, but I cleaned up the faces that meet up against the rotor and it's still way too tight.  

Suggestions? 

If the slides for the caliper are moving freely and the piston is fully compressed, there should be enough room for the caliper to fit over the pads with them mounted in the torque member and pressed against the rotor. You might want to double check and make sure the slides can be fully pressed into the torque member and the caliper piston is fully pressed in. 

Must be my slides then.  I'll have to take a closer look. 

Yep - slides aren't sliding.   Looking at the FSM there are two slide pins both with bolt heads - but on my calipers one of the bolts has a flat cap over it that I can't tell if it's pressed or otherwise secured in.  

*sigh*  I'll put in an order for two new calipers.  

Edited by Harbinger
Came back with more info.

• 4 weeks later...