HELP ! WTH ?

Flamemaster66

My pathy was running perfect , then I changed out most all of the bushings and added spacers with new shocks , put her back on the ground and now the idle is very rough and she runs terrible....the shop says alternator is putting out but the ECM is not getting enough voltage , they have no clue ....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If you've got a voltmeter, I would start by confirming the shop's diagnosis of low voltage at the ECM (might also be able to do this with a scan tool, which is what they probably did). If it is significantly less than battery voltage, you can check from the computer's negative to ground, and its positive to battery positive, and see where that power is getting lost.

Im struggling to see how the ECM could be affected by a lift install. As long as you didn’t have to weld anything, which you shouldn’t have had to do. I’m very interested in seeing what this turns out to be

Pretty hard to believe that it could be a coincidence though

Edited by PathyGig12

1 hour ago, Flamemaster66 said:

No welding or electronics touched ....thats why I'm baffled...maybe a wire got pinched or something when jacking up or down .

Take a look around the strut tower top hats in the engine bay, the drivers side is kinda buried under a few things so it’s possible I guess

I have looked everywhere and as a last resort I am going to do the sub harness ground I read about on alldata from the intake to the block as a "covering all the bases" type of thing ....the only two electrical issues I have ever had with both of my pathys is O2 sensors and MAF sensors "multiple times" .

• 3 weeks later...

Ok , just got the pathy back and three things went bad AT THE SAME TIME !!!! the coil was arc around distributor  , upstream 02 sensor went bad and had a bad wire on injector.  The mechanic had to replace one thing at a time then figure the next thing out , but she runs absolutely perfect again .

• Like 2